British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heedthebaw

Berwick Bullets 2021

40 minutes ago, Normski said:

Ben Rathbone announced as 6th signing for Bullets

The little footnote to the announcement, telling us Ben is now a Berwick asset, is a real boost for the club, too..,

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

The little footnote to the announcement, telling us Ben is now a Berwick asset, is a real boost for the club, too..,

Some of us actually listened at the end of the season dance :wink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 1/7/2022 at 8:56 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

I just can't see Crang missing out on a place so looks likely to be Rathbone or Watson or Both to not feature unless Berwick are happy to be under the liit and with a longer tail but i doubt it. Perhaps the resurrection of another ex rider on a 6ish average?

Liam Carr?

pretty sure they will have mason back he’s a great rider and  he is also a club asset and rode really well last year ,being under the points limit doesn't matter for  Berwick NL team it’s about giving their riders  track time and having fun along with racing also with no pressure on them   

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mac101 said:

pretty sure they will have mason back he’s a great rider and  he is also a club asset and rode really well last year ,being under the points limit doesn't matter for  Berwick NL team it’s about giving their riders  track time and having fun along with racing also with no pressure on them   

Yes.  Pretty sure Mason Watson completes the team.

They'll be 2 points under the limit, but I seem to remember Belle Vue going more than 2.5 points under the limit the year they discovered Dan Bewley, and that worked out alright!

On 1/7/2022 at 12:58 AM, PotteringAround said:

Are Berwick going to go 2 points under the limit?

1    Kyle Bickley         8.75
2    Greg Blair             7.57
3    Luke Crang           6.41
4    Kieran Douglas    4.18
5    Ben Rathbone      4.00
6    Mason Watson    3.91
7    Ace Pijper             3.00

If not, who misses out from Crang, Rathbone and Watson?       Danny Phillips to replace Crang?

2 points under but with crang not on his correct average decent team really.

• Like 1

We’re under the limit but remember.. this team lead the league until the final week… narrowly missing out to Mildenhall! All we have done is replace Ryan with Ace. We all realise it’s likely to be hard for Ace to start with but he will be giving time and support to enable him to develop :approve: I’m more than happy with the Bullets :approve:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bandits4eva said:

We’re under the limit but remember.. this team lead the league until the final week… narrowly missing out to Mildenhall! All we have done is replace Ryan with Ace. We all realise it’s likely to be hard for Ace to start with but he will be giving time and support to enable him to develop :approve: I’m more than happy with the Bullets :approve:

It's a good team and can see everyone increasing their average which is the sign of a winning team. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Looks a strong top 3, but has a very long tail with 4 x reserves.

This league is just about bringing on British talent,winning is not everything.

• Like 5

Good luck this season, Ben. Great to see you are now clear of your injuries from the end of the season.

Time to grow in stature and status within the team.Will watch your progress

• Like 1

14 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Looks a strong top 3, but has a very long tail with 4 x reserves.

14 hours ago, Fromafar said:

This league is just about bringing on British talent, winning is not everything.

Comments from the Luke Crang signing by Berwick:

"Ladies and Gentlemen Luke Crang is back at Shielfield Park as a Grant Henderson Tankers Bullet for 2022 and he is determined to exchange last season’s silver medal for gold this year!"

Luke adds:

"I have every belief that this side has got what it takes to win the league"

Obviously the riders want to win the league!

5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Comments from the Luke Crang signing by Berwick:

"Ladies and Gentlemen Luke Crang is back at Shielfield Park as a Grant Henderson Tankers Bullet for 2022 and he is determined to exchange last season’s silver medal for gold this year!"

Luke adds:

"I have every belief that this side has got what it takes to win the league"

Obviously the riders want to win the league!

Nobody said they don’t won’t to win.

Bullets are under the limit but it’s still a strong team. A very capable top 3 and always a handy senior reserve. The weakness are whoever is at second string but if that rider is struggling then I’m sure dropping to reserve will pick up their scoring. 

Berwick "Bullets" 2021 Season review in this week's Speedway Star.

Out on Thursday 20th.