British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heedthebaw

Berwick Bullets 2021

11 hours ago, edmon said:

We may be able to run without crowds prior to the date as amateur sports, which the NDL is classed, could be allowed before May 17.  Armadale is prepared as COVID secure meetings were held last year and the guidance would be followed once again.  Suppose it really depends if BSPL allow streaming which is available from Armadale.

The BSPL said that some Championship meetings will be streamed. So presumably it’s being set up at the stadium for Edinburgh, so may as well  be used timely to prevent any risk of a fixture pileup. 

18 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

With the fixtures now out, Berwick appear to be going for double headers. Is their curfew still in place?

Not great news. I have to question the benefit to the Berwick riders Bickley & Flint having to put in the extra laps straight after the main meeting other than building excellent fitness? Same goes for the other sides using riders in both senior and junior sides, should anything unfortunate happen during the main meeting be it mechanical or physical then the Bullets become quite prone.

1 hour ago, BuxtonTiger said:

With the fixtures now out, Berwick appear to be going for double headers. Is their curfew still in place?

Last double header we ran against Edinburgh / Glasgow end of 2019 season meeting started at 6-30pm. Fingers crossed we are allowed the same for 2021 Double Headers.

2 hours ago, Normski said:

Last double header we ran against Edinburgh / Glasgow end of 2019 season meeting started at 6-30pm. Fingers crossed we are allowed the same for 2021 Double Headers.

Will starting at 6:30pm harm your Bandits crowds though? That’s a relatively early start time. 

2 hours ago, Normski said:

Don’t think double headers are a great Idea,but that’s just my opinion.Pricing it  to suit might be an issue crowd wise.

12 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Will starting at 6:30pm harm your Bandits crowds though? That’s a relatively early start time. 

Most people are there well before that time for a 7pm start i am there for 6pm myself as i like a couple of pints to calm the nerves :cheers:

I think weekends tend to lend themselves better to earlier start times than week days but it won't be for everyone. Likewise the increased admission, for all those who bang he drum and support the new venture there will be plenty who have no interest in it and will be unhappy at paying for a product they have no intention in hanging around to see.

10 minutes ago, Normski said:

Most people are there well before that time for a 7pm start i am there for 6pm myself as i like a couple of pints to calm the nerves :cheers:

Have berwick said what the admission will be yet for the double headers?

9 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Have berwick said what the admission will be yet for the double headers?

Nothing yet

4 minutes ago, Normski said:

Nothing yet

As a berwick supporter do you think it will have a effect on crowds?

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I think weekends tend to lend themselves better to earlier start times than week days but it won't be for everyone. Likewise the increased admission, for all those who bang he drum and support the new venture there will be plenty who have no interest in it and will be unhappy at paying for a product they have no intention in hanging around to see.

Tend to agree,  would have thought the NDL would have been more viable money wise as a stand alone meetings  ,but thePromotion must have their reasons for doubling up.Hope it works out for them.Don’t think the NDL as a double header is  as attractive as aChampionship double header.Maybe the later start to the season comes into the equation.

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Tend to agree,  would have thought the NDL would have been more viable money wise as a stand alone meetings  ,but thePromotion must have their reasons for doubling up.Hope it works out for them.Don’t think the NDL as a double header is  as attractive as aChampionship double header.Maybe the later start to the season comes into the equation.

It does seem odd that whenever calls for the NL to be a £10 product have been shot down but running as part of a double header makes it a £3-4 product. I can only think that expenses of staging a double header are greatly lesser than two individual meetings along with lesser riders on probably lower points monies.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

It does seem odd that whenever calls for the NL to be a £10 product have been shot down but running as part of a double header makes it a £3-4 product. I can only think that expenses of staging a double header are greatly lesser than two individual meetings along with lesser riders on probably lower points monies.

Suppose the obvious answer is that two separate meetings would mean two lots of stadium rent, two lots of medical cover, two programmes. While they still cost more for a double header I would suggest that is where any real saving comes from. Also potential for the bars and catering to make a bit extra with people in the stadium for that little bit extra time. There is also a possibility that those who complain it's not good value for 15 heats might find it a better deal for 30. 

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

This is true. Weekends do facilitate an earlier start time in terms of work but what about those people desperate to spend time with their families that they haven’t done for months. The bigger issue though is there will be a section of supporters who are unhappy to pay £3-£4 more for a double header entry when they have no intention to watch the NL meeting. 

• Like 1