British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve roberts

"Repair Shop"

Having been encouraged to watch "Repair Shop" on TV I actually got round to watching it last night. The attraction is, I guess, to see the reaction of those receiving their be-loved repaired items but it did bring home to me the fascination and, dare I suggest, the lost art of people being able to turn their hand to various skills. Beats sat in front of a computer all day long number crunching and/or composing documents which is what many people apparently wish to aspire to nowadays.

Edited by steve roberts

Great programme. 

If you can find it watch the episode from a previous series of a chap who brought a jukebox in which played the track for his first dance at his wedding, had me in tears. 

• Like 1

I have a long case clock that I would love to get them to repair. I wonder if the pay your expences as travelling from Scotland and hotels would cost quite a bit.One thing that bothered me on last nights show was the couple who had the ring repaired. I know things can be decieving but they looked as though they could have gone to a jewlers and had it repaired.

8 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

I have a long case clock that I would love to get them to repair. I wonder if the pay your expences as travelling from Scotland and hotels would cost quite a bit.One thing that bothered me on last nights show was the couple who had the ring repaired. I know things can be decieving but they looked as though they could have gone to a jewlers and had it repaired.

...that crossed my mind I have to say!

Love it.  I particularly like the mechanical/watch repair guy - a) because he has to remember exactly how each cog and spring comes out so he can put them back the same way, and b) he wears two pairs of glasses at once.

I think the programme could be improved though with an element of jeopardy.

When they bring the item in, they won't know who will repair it - will it be Steve the expert or someone like me?  What will be under the sheet at the end?  A beautifully repaired item, or a pile of cogs and wood shavings.  That's a programme I'd like to see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kester said:

Love it.  I particularly like the mechanical/watch repair guy - a) because he has to remember exactly how each cog and spring comes out so he can put them back the same way, and b) he wears two pairs of glasses at once.

I think the programme could be improved though with an element of jeopardy.

When they bring the item in, they won't know who will repair it - will it be Steve the expert or someone like me?  What will be under the sheet at the end?  A beautifully repaired item, or a pile of cogs and wood shavings.  That's a programme I'd like to see.

You tease.:D

• Haha 2