British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

SGB Premiership Confirmed Teams 2021

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's King's Lynn's fault how?? 

The other 5 teams should be ashamed too then

It was a very hard decision to make,” said Riss. “I have done five seasons in the UK. ... Despite his decision to ride abroad in 2021, the German wishes the Minors and Brady Stars well for the coming season.29 Jan 2021

Kings Lynn could and should of covered his place in the Lynn team, Riss is only coming back because of the current  Covid restrictions in Poland.

I imagine come May/June, if he wants it Richard Lawson will have a choice of teams in the Premiership, the on going European covid situation will cause havoc, and that's disregarding any injuries ( obviously hope there's none of those).

Edited by gazzac

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

It was a very hard decision to make,” said Riss. “I have done five seasons in the UK. ... Despite his decision to ride abroad in 2021, the German wishes the Minors and Brady Stars well for the coming season.29 Jan 2021

Kings Lynn could and should of covered his place in the Lynn team, Riss is only coming back because of the current  Covid restrictions in Poland.

And? 

What gives Lawson the right to a spot? Why wasn't he given a spot by anyone else? Sheffield are the team that dropped him, why not question them, he's never been good at King’s Lynn? 

Just because King's Lynn were the last to declare their 7 you're saying Lawson must be given it, why?? 

19 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

And? 

What gives Lawson the right to a spot? Why wasn't he given a spot by anyone else? Sheffield are the team that dropped him, why not question them, he's never been good at King’s Lynn? 

Just because King's Lynn were the last to declare their 7 you're saying Lawson must be given it, why?? 

20 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I don’t disagree with the sentiment but for some context Riss is a club asset who rode the previous couple of seasons, plus as Daniel says every other team has signed a foreign rider who fills a Lawson size hole. Plus do we even know if he wants to do PL after being let go by Sheffield? So not the greatest comment from you in isolation really. 

I'm on a loser here, so I concede.

44 minutes ago, hyderd said:

I'm on a loser here, so I concede.

Maybe keeping some British based riders 'on the bench' is part of the plan?

They then being the ones to cover any possible non arrivals as the pandemic evolves..

Or am I giving those in charge a bit too much credit..?:)

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Maybe keeping some British based riders 'on the bench' is part of the plan?

They then being the ones to cover any possible non arrivals as the pandemic evolves..

Or am I giving those in charge a bit too much credit..?:)

sure I read somewhere that Poland expect to be in Lock down until June, surely riders who have signed for British clubs should play it safe and stay over here, get their Vaccs, then they will have the vaccine passport which could well come in handy.

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

sure I read somewhere that Poland expect to be in Lock down until June, surely riders who have signed for British clubs should play it safe and stay over here, get their Vaccs, then they will have the vaccine passport which could well come in handy.

I would assume that the vaccine will only be offered to the British people. So how would that leave non British riders hoping to compete over here?

3 hours ago, hyderd said:

riders will be knowwhere old enough for the jab over here how many 50 year olds are riding here  :rofl: peterboro are a old team but none them are eligiable :rofl:

I’m 44 and I’ve had mine.....

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

medical condition ?? all the riders are of good health they will be way down the list mid july for them !!

Just now, Bagpuss said:

And many of my team who are under 40 have had theirs...

The youngest being 19...

I went for mine last week and there was dozens of sub 30 years olds getting the jab...

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

ok how many 44 year olds riding here then ? NONE :nono:

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

And many of my team who are under 40 have had theirs...

The youngest being 19...

I went for mine last week and there was dozens of sub 30 years olds getting the jab...

they must have medical issue  otherwise not eliigable !!

2 hours ago, GAH said:

medical condition ?? all the riders are of good health they will be way down the list mid july for them !!

Nope just based on age, getting through people quickly in this part of the world. 

Six or seven weeks until the start of the season, pretty likely some riders will have had it by then I’d have thought. 

Edited by Bagpuss

46 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Nope just based on age, getting through people quickly in this part of the world. 

Six or seven weeks until the start of the season, pretty likely sone riders will have had it by then I’d have thought. 

some maybe ? but riders live all over the country and travel to their clubs !! take craig cook for instance lives in cumbria but rides for lynn !! that's just one example !!