British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mikebv

£300m Summer Sport Recovery Package

13 hours ago, screm said:

Clubs have been given nothing its a loan, and as with all loans clubs will have to repay it. Short term very good news but you get the feeling it will be long term pain for many

I was talking about the two Scottish clubs the money that they received was a GRANT  not a loan so they don't need to pay it back, as in England where the money is loaned to clubs 

10 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Loaning money to speedway promoters- we could see the Horton`s and Terry Lindon making a comeback :)

Or even their pedantic sidekicks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Or even their pedantic sidekicks

Lindon's would be especially spectacular ;)

Interesting to see that theatres and churches have received the latest half billion payout from culture protection fund and they have by all reports Ive seen been stated as grants rather than loans 

Locally to me for example The Spa Pavilion in Felixstowe appears to have received over half a million in grants in the past 12 months

Don't get me wrong The Spa is a great and popular facility but its a struggle to see why it is treated so differently to the speedway

Ely cathedral  has received £112m in grants. Isnt the Church of England one of the richest institutions in the world??

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Ely cathedral  has received £112m in grants. Isnt the Church of England one of the richest institutions in the world??

British speedway probably has 20,000 - at most 30,000 - regular attendees. The Church of England has about 1 million in England, and something like 85 million worldwide. 

The Church of England has assets of about 9 billion, so nowhere near one of the richest institutions in the world. It also spends nearly 1 billion per year in running costs, and is heavily reliant on tourism generated by its 'showcase' cathedrals. 

I don't hold any candle for the CofE or religion in general, but as a social and cultural institution of importance, it ranks way above speedway.  

I have to say that the package offered to the sport is a very poor one. 

I hope speedway fans all over the country will be utilising their vote in the upcoming May elections to voice their displeasure.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

I hope speedway fans all over the country will be utilising their vote in the upcoming May elections to voice their displeasure.

They might well but they won't be voting for your lot.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

it will make no  different who you vote for . i am a member of the labour party but not a member of the keir starmer fan club:cheers: happy days 

Edited by ray c

On 4/4/2021 at 2:15 AM, KeirStarmerFan said:

How would you define a "good" package?