British Speedway Forum
W9 Lion

Championship League Predictions

On 3/11/2021 at 11:38 AM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Come on Gaz you know the craic no one likes Glasgow... jealousy is a powerful emotion... so dont knock them for that... however there is one thing for certain Glasgow wont be bottom... although I don't think they will be top... but I think a play off place definitely beckons...

Also that might work as a plus for the Glasgow team and the pressure might be off a bit when they aren't ranked as the out and out favourites to sweep the board... seems to me over the last few seasons a great deal of pressure has been heeped on the team before the season even starts because Glasgow have been able to attract the top performers in the league....

Maybe this year when they don't seem to be as strongly fancied as they usually are this may just work in their favour...

Who knows but it will be interesting to see how it all pans out once we are up and running...

Eastbourne look the team to beat for me then Leicester and Glasgow... then perm any one from 6 or 7 teams for the remaining play off place.... could go anywhere and then sorry to say this but Brum Plymouth any my lot will be fighting for the Spoon Spot.... 

Hope I am wrong and I would like to see that last 3 at least win the bulk of their home meetings... 

As ever the changes (if there are any riders availanle to swap in) come the first set of averages released could change a clubs season dramatically....

Not long now...

Regards 

THJ 

I would say your overview of the league could be spot on.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Skodaman said:

Pederson was not much use to Leicester when he was there!

Or Birmingham!

• Like 1

Who cares who wins or gets the wooden spoon. As long as we get a season and we see the back of this rotten virus  ,we are all winners.

• Like 3

On 3/6/2021 at 3:09 PM, Skodaman said:

For Leicester, it all depends on Bates staying fit!!

or going sledging or punching walls ?   ;)

• Haha 2

IMO Leicester look by far the best side to me. I know its not done on paper but jesus compared to other clubs they look strong. 

Douglas, Morris, Howarth, Proctor and Bates is one hell of a top5.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Agree that Leicester look the best team.

On 3/28/2021 at 5:23 AM, Pinny said:

IMO Leicester look by far the best side to me. I know its not done on paper but jesus compared to other clubs they look strong. 

Howarth,Proctor and Bates can be pretty hit or miss.Consistency are not their strong point IMO.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 8:15 PM, Fromafar said:

Howarth,Proctor and Bates can be pretty hit or miss.Consistency are not their strong point IMO.

Even with those 3 on an off day, they're still stronger than half of the Clubs top 5s!

Edited by szkocjasid

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Even with those 3 on an off day, they're still stronger than half of the Clubs top 5s!

What about the other half:P

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

What about the other half:P

They can beat them when they're on form!

• Haha 1

Redcar’s signing of Allen makes us serious contenders

23 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Scorpions non signing makes us serious non contenders!:rolleyes:

not like we was gunna win anything anyway:lol:

I predict scunny will beat Plymouth and Newcastle at home and after that can't see much else 

• Haha 1

On 3/28/2021 at 2:23 PM, Pinny said:

Yep only team they will struggle to beat is Redcar ,well that’s if they can keep that lineup all year