British Speedway Forum
W9 Lion

Championship League Predictions

34 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Yep only team they will struggle to beat is Redcar ,well that’s if they can keep that lineup all year

On 3/28/2021 at 5:23 AM, Pinny said:

IMO Leicester look by far the best side to me. I know its not done on paper but jesus compared to other clubs they look strong. 

Douglas, Morris, Howarth, Proctor and Bates is one hell of a top5.

You forget that unless their 2 untried (in this league) reserves make vast improvements they will struggle. If they do not win that will be their problem to top heavy. Redcar look to have a very strong (if not the strongest) top 3 plus 2 decent second strings with great potential and a good balance at reserve. They are my tips for the top. 

• Like 1

Still Eastbourne for me

Very strong and well balanced side but importantly this won't be the first season they have ridden together

Team spirit and understanding both on and off track is a massive factor

On 5/6/2021 at 10:29 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

I predict scunny will beat Plymouth and Newcastle at home and after that can't see much else 

I predict your wrong:lol:

I think that the following Four will be in the play off. 
LEICESTER  Only weakness could be at reserve plus how long Josh Bates can stay fit

REDCAR I think the only weakness is avoiding injuries, Allen for Riss is nearly even Anderson replaced at 2 by Rowe who was only 0.5 below him in 2019

EASTBOURNE  Good And strong all round, if they avoid injury could be champions 

POOLE. Strong top end but not quite there IMO 

BOTTOM FOUR

NEWCASTLE  All depends on Wright  & Roynon on their comebacks , can Barker stay fit & keep bikes going 

SCUNTHORPE  A long tail 

KENT A few too many veterans

PLYMOUTH  Too long a tail 

44 minutes ago, lewy said:

I predict your wrong:lol:

Only time will tell can see us been comfortable against you as it's first meeting but after that it's not looking promising. But never mind speedways back:cheers:

19 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Only time will tell can see us been comfortable against you as it's first meeting but after that it's not looking promising. But never mind speedways back:cheers:

Yes I agree its good to have speedway back especially at championship level for Plymouth, from what I've seen and heard we may surprise a few teams with our long tail if the youngsters click that tail is going to be wagging :party:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Yes I agree its good to have speedway back especially at championship level for Plymouth, from what I've seen and heard we may surprise a few teams with our long tail if the youngsters click that tail is going to be wagging :party:

Ye never naa, if the tail starts wagging the dog you might do canny. ;)

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2021 at 10:29 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

I predict scunny will beat Plymouth and Newcastle at home and after that can't see much else 

we'll be alright at home.......

we'll get spanked away tho

11 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

I,love your optimism palmdawwwggg

1 hour ago, ScunnyDan said:

Allen and douglas will guest regularly,they won’t be wooden spoon

12 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Allen and douglas will guest regularly,they won’t be wooden spoon

Guests will decide the League (as usual).Entertainment is what matters.

36 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

Allen can do one for me 

Come on Shrimmy, what has Allen done bar changing his mind. Last summer he stopped in Britain, not earning a penny & no one knew how this pandemic would turn out. It has been Britain's mass vaccination programme that has put us in a better position than other countries in Europe. Germany, Italy & Poland are still having high levels of covid.

We know over the past few years Rob has shown a lot of loyalty to his riders, sometimes too much, when we think changes should have been made & he has done the same again. The 2 news snippets at the end of Jan showed us how quick decisions are made. One minute we announce the same team then 4 days later, we have to announce Jake has changed his mind. Rob had probably got Josh Macdonald signed but not confirmed to the public well before Jake's change of mind, which is frustrating, but we have to abide by it & wish Jake & Josh all the best in 2021 & just get to see some racing  at the EWR.

The vaccination programme had started back in January but we did not know how it would evolve to give us the low levels of deaths & confirmed cases we have now.

• Like 3