British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wee Eck

Top Championship rider in 2021

I read a comment recently that someone thought that Charles Wright is the league’s number one, but is he a better rider than Craig Cook? And, if not either of them, which rider do people think will top the averages? Crump? Masters? Someone else?

Edited by Wee Eck

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

I read a comment recently that someone thought that Charles Wright is the league’s number one, but is he a better rider than Craig Cook? And, if not either of them, which rider do people think will top the averages? Crump? Masters? Someone else?

I would argue that Wright is still improving whilst Cook has levelled off but as much as it pains me to say it Cook is a top performer at this level. I would think Schlien, Kennett and in current form Douglas seem the most likely of any topple Cook at the end of the season but it feels like a big ask. 

Cook or Masters assuming Crump doesn’t roll back the years, nobody else in the frame IMO. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

My top 6:

Sam Masters

Craig Cook

Charles Wright

Edward Kennett

Chris Harris

Scott Nicholls

The top Championship rider will be someone who wants to be no1 rather than riding for "the team", so Craig Cook it is.

• Like 1

Masters 

Wright 

Crump 

Cook 

Nicholls 

4 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Masters 

Wright 

Crump 

Cook 

Nicholls 

I'd agree with this top 5....with Crump at no.1 !

• Like 1

Cook is head and shoulders above everyone at CL usually. Crump is the only one likely to even match him at that level. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I'd agree with this top 5....with Crump at no.1 !

Think you would get good odds on Crump being No1

Edited by Fromafar

I personally think Craig Cook will come back  in the best shape he has ever been and hungry for success and will be #1 with a bit to spare 

• Like 3

Is this based on 2021 appearances only or final CMA in which most riders are playing catch up to C Cook who already has .5 on Wright & 1 on Masters

On 3/11/2021 at 4:47 PM, IronScorpion said:

Is this based on 2021 appearances only or final CMA in which most riders are playing catch up to C Cook who already has .5 on Wright & 1 on Masters

Has to be 2021 only. Too rider of the year. 
I’d forgotten about Ryan Douglas tbh. Strong showing in Aussie over the winter so could be a good outside bet 

• Like 2

On 3/11/2021 at 1:12 PM, phillipsr said:

Masters 

Wright 

Crump 

Cook 

Nicholls 

Four good choices, but I personally can't see Nicholls averaging much more than 8pts.

craig cook for me maybe steve worrall will sneak in there somewhere

• Like 1

Craig will be top, he is hungry after missing out last year, and he has been keeping fit, so I expect him to get back to his best, Masters and Douglas will be pushing him for top spot though.