British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wealdstone

Good Songs Ruined by others

2 minutes ago, Shrub said:

Or their live version of the Holland - Dozier - Holland track 'Leaving Here'. One of my very few claims to fame is buying him a drink when he came into the Mulberry Tree behind the Ipswich Gaumont after the gig on either the Bomber or Ace of Spades tour, a claim I no doubt share with thousands! Not sure what he said in conversation as my ears were ringing and did for days. If I'd known then what I know now I'd have asked for a contribution towards the hearing aids I now have to wear!

He was the only man i have ever known to drink half a bottle of Jack Daniels for breakfast, but despite his lifestyle, he was an intelligent man and very sharp. I'm off stage at this gig when he guested with Hawkwind about 16 years ago, when they had an Ipswich lad on bass...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-PFWBzrbs8

37 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

He was the only man i have ever known to drink half a bottle of Jack Daniels for breakfast, but despite his lifestyle, he was an intelligent man and very sharp. I'm off stage at this gig when he guested with Hawkwind about 16 years ago, when they had an Ipswich lad on bass...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-PFWBzrbs8

The Ipswich lad on bass (or in this video, second fiddle!) was Alan Davey, who was either the brother or cousin (can't remember which) of former Witches junior Andy Davey (Duffy)

1 hour ago, Shrub said:

The Ipswich lad on bass (or in this video, second fiddle!) was Alan Davey, who was either the brother or cousin (can't remember which) of former Witches junior Andy Davey (Duffy)

Both of them are my brothers...

• Like 3