British Speedway Forum
markandrew23

Cardiff 2021 hotel cancelled

I've just been informed that the hotel I booked for the 2021 Cardiff GP has been cancelled as hotels are being reopened gradually and the one I chose in Cardiff centre wont be open in July.Has anyone else had a similar problem ?

Edited by markandrew23

On 3/20/2021 at 1:37 PM, markandrew23 said:

I've just been informed that the hotel I booked for the 2021 Cardiff GP has been cancelled as hotels are being reopened gradually and the one I chose in Cardiff centre wont be open in July.Has anyone else had a similar problem ?

Could be a blessing the way things are going.

sounds fishy to me

Sounds like a one off, too early to say all hotels not being open on July .

If so we might as well pack in !!

If a small hotel they may have decided it's not worth being a hotel anymore after the past year,

Edited by Neila
Spelling

On 3/27/2021 at 7:54 PM, Neila said:

If a small hotel they may have decided it's not worth being a hotel anymore after the past year,

Or they may have decided to hike their prices... who knows?

• Like 1

You won't need any hotel now.

The 5 pm start was to do away with using rip off price hotels , stayed at the mecure hotel in city centre a few yrs ago asked how much would a room cost that night was quoted £80 so asked for price of grand prix night she looked and said"oh there is an event on that night" price was £ 240 stopped me going!

Hotel prices for an event date are like Turkeys at Xmas...the hotels are in business entirely to make money..they are not a charity, and whatever you think, had you owned one your attitude would be exactly the same. A room when the Rugby International is on can be in excess of £700 plus breakfast.

2 minutes ago, spiegal said:

Hotel prices for an event date are like Turkeys at Xmas...the hotels are in business entirely to make money..they are not a charity, and whatever you think, had you owned one your attitude would be exactly the same. A room when the Rugby International is on can be in excess of £700 plus breakfast.

Yes - modern day Dick Turpin`s :mad:

It is not just the hotels but the likes of Travelodge & Premier Inn do similar.

Like airlines and holiday companies jacking their prices at half term, summer school holidays, Xmas etc

Supply and demand unfortunately 

2 hours ago, noaksey said:

Like airlines and holiday companies jacking their prices at half term, summer school holidays, Xmas etc

Supply and demand unfortunately 

Indeed, it is the flipside of £10 flights, which are another feature of dynamic pricing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

It is not just the hotels but the likes of Travelodge & Premier Inn do similar.

Beg to differ, I had the premier Inn city centre booked and paid for at £120 for 2 nights, was booked middle of the night the day hotels got releasedI  bet I can't get that price another year

We were due to stay at a Travelodge (Newport) in 2020 for two nights. As we went into Lockdown and all but essential travel was permitted Travelodge credited the value of the booking as an e-voucher.

Moving on to booking in 2021, the price substantially increased and now our two nights was worth only one night.

Now this year has been cancelled I have tried to move the date to later in the year but have found that you have to pay the full price instead of any difference as per usual. Unless we go to stay as planned (not much point really) we have lost the full cost of our stay.