British Speedway Forum
markandrew23

Cardiff 2021 hotel cancelled

30 minutes ago, a4poster said:

We were due to stay at a Travelodge (Newport) in 2020 for two nights. As we went into Lockdown and all but essential travel was permitted Travelodge credited the value of the booking as an e-voucher.

Moving on to booking in 2021, the price substantially increased and now our two nights was worth only one night.

Now this year has been cancelled I have tried to move the date to later in the year but have found that you have to pay the full price instead of any difference as per usual. Unless we go to stay as planned (not much point really) we have lost the full cost of our stay.

My suggestion would be to send a polite email to CEO craigbonnar@travelodge.co.uk   explaining the situation and asking for a refund.

On 4/17/2021 at 7:32 PM, Neila said:

Beg to differ, I had the premier Inn city centre booked and paid for at £120 for 2 nights, was booked middle of the night the day hotels got releasedI  bet I can't get that price another year

Did you do that on a Flex booking or pay upfront with no cancellation and no amendments?

You need to be careful on the flex & other pay on the day booking options because their terms & conditions, which no one reads, say that they can amend the price up to I think from memory,  30 days before you stay.

I had this happen one year where I booked cheap rooms a year in advance like you did but was notified a month or 2 before the GP that the price was now double what I'd booked it at.

The prices are constantly changing with Premier Inn and start off high when they first become aware of an event.

I'm going anyway so what I do now is book it straight away on Flex at whatever the price is  because they normally come down when the rooms are either not sold or cancelled. I just keep monitoring the prices from there on and if I see it cheaper I cancel the original booking & re book at the cheaper price. Quite often it becomes significantly cheaper nearer the event on the standard pay upfront rate, in which case I cancel the flex which you can do up to midday on the arrival date.

Edited by AFCB Wildcat

Deal was that good paid Flexi/up front so had a better arguing point in case they tried to put up price, as am aware of tricks used !!

• Like 1