British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

New Junior League 2021

14 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

“The NDL is threatening the higher leagues “ , have you lost your marbles ? 
. The  “ imposed rules “ how do they  “solely benefit the CL ? “
Few clubs pay accommodation and all the “ other frills “ , unless you sign for Glasgow those things rarely, if ever , happen now. Riders have to pay for their own visa’s, clubs only pay for a work permit to employ such riders.

You come across , repeatedly , as extremely bitter and you need to get over it. Ever other one of your posts is ranting about the changes in the NDL and how your glass is completely empty never mind half full. 
Try talking about something positive for a change.

Ok in my opinion a successful and entertaining NDL has been a far better value product than the CL for the past few seasons. The rules imposed widen the gap between the two leagues and by weakening the NDL more hides the fact that the CL has been diluted also.

You have your opinion on the Visa situation and i have mine. I know of plenty of riders who were/have been signed and have the accommodation, basic salary and extras supplied as part of the requirements of their Visa. Not saying that accommodations may not have been basic (small flats/caravans) but they are still a paid for roof over the riders head.

I have been a huge advocate of the NL and lower development leagues for a long time and recent decisions have left me very disillusioned with the sport as a whole. I wish i could see things with a far more rose tinted view but it isn't that simple despite having the simplest format for a sport going. Put 4 similarly talented riders on a half decent track and the happiness will follow. Put 4 riders of vastly differing abilities out at the same time and you won't be entertained whatever the league level may be.

44 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Ok in my opinion a successful and entertaining NDL has been a far better value product than the CL for the past few seasons. The rules imposed widen the gap between the two leagues and by weakening the NDL more hides the fact that the CL has been diluted also.

You have your opinion on the Visa situation and i have mine. I know of plenty of riders who were/have been signed and have the accommodation, basic salary and extras supplied as part of the requirements of their Visa. Not saying that accommodations may not have been basic (small flats/caravans) but they are still a paid for roof over the riders head.

I have been a huge advocate of the NL and lower development leagues for a long time and recent decisions have left me very disillusioned with the sport as a whole. I wish i could see things with a far more rose tinted view but it isn't that simple despite having the simplest format for a sport going. Put 4 similarly talented riders on a half decent track and the happiness will follow. Put 4 riders of vastly differing abilities out at the same time and you won't be entertained whatever the league level may be.

Your certainly entitled to your opinion, however biased it appears. But the championship is way and above the strongest division it’s ever been, as televised matches proved time and time again on sky. It’s the Premiership that has been watered down for the last 5 years or longer and as for the NDL, well, it wonted to be ‘ professional ‘ but not pay its dues, now it’s been forced to be what it was supposed to be , a development division .

The gap between the leagues should be just that, a gap. In division 2 days their clubs no.1 was used by the division 1 clubs as a RESERVE, that how big the gap used to be. 

If you know clubs who have recently provided all that, please name them . As someone who was involved in rider payments on behalf of a club  I’d love to know who was going to that level as we had GP standard riders on the books and they certainly didn’t get those things.

• Like 1

Have there been any other confirmed signings for this? Elliot Kelly has basically been confirmed for King's Lynn. What's the format? 4 man teams?

13 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Have there been any other confirmed signings for this? Elliot Kelly has basically been confirmed for King's Lynn. What's the format? 4 man teams?

You’ll find out when they have actually made their minds up, probably on the night !

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

You’ll find out when they have actually made their minds up, probably on the night !

:rolleyes: So it's a league with no confirmed teams, just the same 'best riders' picked over and over again?

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

:rolleyes: So it's a league with no confirmed teams, just the same 'best riders' picked over and over again?

You’ve got it. 
if they turn up, there in, if it’s on !

Kelly will have a nine hour round trip to get two rides....possibly.....perhaps....who knows?

8 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

You’ve got it. 
if they turn up, there in, if it’s on !

Kelly will have a nine hour round trip to get two rides....possibly.....perhaps....who knows?

Maybe! 

3 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Has anyone seen ANYTHING for this new league ?

Not going to either. Ipswich at Lynn for the 2nd time tonight so that fixture gone. Some riders contacted about potential interest but thats as far as it goes. Could have used the excuse of not enough pit space for social distancing etc but instead chose to ignore it. Was only brought in to appease those upset at the damage done to the MSDL due to banning ghost teams. was never going to happen and won't be mentioned again

• Like 3

As this promised league has failed to materialise will all those riders who signed as a club asset on the promise of getting rides in this league have their contracts cancelled and possibly refunded for the club race suit they were told to buy ?

Answers on a postcard to the BSPL office.

• Like 1

Just been one meeting staged, so guess Wolverhampton are league champions.

28th July 2021

WOLVERHAMPTON 29: Tom Spencer 9 Sam Woolley 8 Jacob Fellows 7 Bailey Fellows 5

BELLE VUE 6: Kyran Lyden 3 Tim Colley 3 Stephen Whitehouse 0 William Richardson 0

• Haha 2

On 9/1/2021 at 5:53 PM, Fortythirtyeight said:

As this promised league has failed to materialise will all those riders who signed as a club asset on the promise of getting rides in this league have their contracts cancelled and possibly refunded for the club race suit they were told to buy ?

Answers on a postcard to the BSPL office.

we have threads about why things are failing in the UK, if riders in a JUNIOR league have to have team suits then this is another way to add stupid expenses. 

59 minutes ago, stevehone said:

we have threads about why things are failing in the UK, if riders in a JUNIOR league have to have team suits then this is another way to add stupid expenses. 

I would like to know which riders Were forced into this