British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

New Junior League 2021

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I would like to know which riders Were forced into this

No one said “forced “….. “told “ was the word used and told he was, even told which company he had to go to to get it. A gullible youngster believing what he was told by a promoter who gained an asset but didn’t deliver on the promises, no team place as no team was even put together as no such ‘ league ‘ appeared. 

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

No one said “forced “….. “told “ was the word used and told he was, even told which company he had to go to to get it. A gullible youngster believing what he was told by a promoter who gained an asset but didn’t deliver on the promises, no team place as no team was even put together as no such ‘ league ‘ appeared. 

Cheers 

On 9/4/2021 at 8:12 AM, Mimmo said:

Just been one meeting staged, so guess Wolverhampton are league champions.

28th July 2021

WOLVERHAMPTON 29: Tom Spencer 9 Sam Woolley 8 Jacob Fellows 7 Bailey Fellows 5

BELLE VUE 6: Kyran Lyden 3 Tim Colley 3 Stephen Whitehouse 0 William Richardson 0

Any idea of the scoresheet / race format?  Looks an awful lot like MSDL level.......

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Any idea of the scoresheet / race format?  Looks an awful lot like MSDL level.......

You are right, it is the same.  I'll get it checked out, as Craig Ackroyd (Referee) reported it as a Premier Junior League meeting.

• Thanks 1

I've checked it out, and am told that as Belle Vue aren't in the MSDL then it must be a PJL meeting, although it was staged on the 26 July and not 28 July as I first reported.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

I've checked it out, and am told that as Belle Vue aren't in the MSDL then it must be a PJL meeting, although it was staged on the 26 July and not 28 July as I first reported.

Certainly makes sense. Just thought it was billed as NL lite level rather than operating at exactly the same level (or lower) than the competition that was squashed to make way for it. 

The whole junior thing is a bit of a mess to be honest.

It seems no 'Official' result sheet was submitted for uploading on the SCB site.
Birmingham raced at Redcar in the Shield, but once again no result sheet has appeared.
Redcar staged a Northern Junior League Match on the 27 August, but the referee has failed to name who the visitors were, which I've now found out to be Berwick.

If people in official positions (and it's not promoters or team managers fault) can't be bothered, how on earth do they expect the public to support these events.

It's the same with the British Youth Championship at Leicester on Bank Holiday Monday, referee Dave Watters has forwarded the result sheet from the 500c Class, with just three riders, and hasn't bothered with the other three classes, which is disappointing for the lads who rode, as I'm sure they'd like to see their names published both on the website(s) and Speedway Star.