British Speedway Forum
JamesHarris

Speedway "fans" are just a whinging bunch of muppets who secretly want to see the sport die.

Phill,

That seems a very good question to me. :o

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

there certainly seems to be a shortage of optimists. Me, I think we're in for a good season and I'm pleased so many young Brits are getting a go. 

• Like 3

One can't deny that the status of speedway in this country has deteriorated but there are plenty of manics on here. But I guess if speedway is all you've got to be depressed about you're probably not doing too bad.

• Like 3

It is true of a surprising number on this forum, but not all of us.

• Like 2

This forum is a hotbed for ex fans unfortunately .....

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Trees said:

This forum is a hotbed for ex fans unfortunately .....

Speaking personally when I re-located I had no close association with a track unless I was willing to travel 30-40 miles which I was disinclined to do. When living in Oxford I was within walking distance of Cowley Stadium which suited me. Never having subscribed to SKY or any equivilant service I lost touch of current affairs but the sport still holds dear and the thirty plus years I spent following my team gives me great memories...wouldn't have changed it for the world.

• Like 2

Whinging bunch of Muppets.......

As Statler & Waldorf would say.. (quoting Dickens) ...

Speedway: It sums up the best of times and the worst of times!

For me, standing on the spectator side of the fence it's a sport. Go the other side and it's a business and sadly not the greatest of business models.  It's like selling diesel cars, the car works well but it's future is less than bright B)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think a lot of people are living under a cloud at the moment. When the sun breaks through, their mood will lighten. Hopefully a Covid free summer will bring some optimism back.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I think a lot of people are living under a cloud at the moment. When the sun breaks through, their mood will lighten. Hopefully a Covid free summer will bring some optimism back.

The sun won't shine ever again for some on here lol

I think you're on to something. Speedway fans moan endlessly about there only being six or seven teams in a league, but rugby fans cream themselves about the same six teams playing each other every year in the Six Nations.

1 hour ago, MattK said:

I think you're on to something. Speedway fans moan endlessly about there only being six or seven teams in a league, but rugby fans cream themselves about the same six teams playing each other every year in the Six Nations.

Apart from some rather dubious birth qualifications, they stick to their national side, rather than playing for all of them during the course of the season.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, enotian said:

One can't deny that the status of speedway in this country has deteriorated but there are plenty of manics on here. But I guess if speedway is all you've got to be depressed about you're probably not doing too bad. 

Did you mean the STANDARD of speedway has deteriorated  :-)

Supporter of New Cross, West Ham, Wimbledon, Hackney, Crayford, Canterbury, Arena Essex, Rye House speedway clubs.  

What's there to whinge about  ??

• Like 2