British Speedway Forum
Wee Eck

Has British Speedway now reached the bottom?

I was trying to post a tweet from the speedway press office saying “Remembering Kenny Carter on his 60th birthday” and saying “We remember him and extend our kind wishes to Kenny and Pam’s family today”

I don’t get offended, but I do get disgusted. And this tweet is, in my view, disgraceful

Edited by Wee Eck
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I was trying to post a tweet from the speedway press office saying “Remembering Kenny Carter on his 60th birthday” and saying “We remember him and extend our kind wishes to Kenny and Pam’s family today”

I don’t get offended, but I do get disgusted. And this tweet is, in my view, disgraceful

I'm probably being thick, but I don't get what you are saying. Aside of what befell Kenny and Pam, he was still a great rider and sounds like, had he lived, he would be 60. Maybe not a celebration, but moreover, a fact. :unsure: 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Not very well worded. IMO

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Not very well worded. IMO

If I could have reproduced the tweet - I couldn’t get it to copy over - perhaps you’d understand. I’ll try again 

5 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

If I could have reproduced the tweet - I couldn’t get it to copy over - perhaps you’d understand. I’ll try again 

I see what you mean. It hasn't been properly thought through. Definitely could have been better worded. Not sure it's disgusting or disgraceful, in my opinion. :unsure: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

The only "mistake" with the wording in my opinion is it should read "On what would have been his 60th Birthday".

Regardless of his talents on a speedway bike, for Speedway GB’s press office to eulogise a man who murdered his wife, then orphaned his children by killing himself is, in my opinion, the height of bad taste. And what sort of “kind wishes” are they expressing?

• Like 3

I visited his grave some years ago when pasing by and I have to say when standing over it I felt nothing but contempt for him.

• Like 5

Very poorly worded insensitive post.

A bit like posting   "Happy Birthday to Fred West - For all his faults, he laid a nice patio"

Edited by PotteringAround
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

A bit like posting   "Happy Birthday to Fred West - For all his faults, he laid a nice patio"

Have to agree.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Agree ... very poorly worded and insensitive post by "@SpeedwayGB"   An unnecessary post IMO. 

• Like 1

"One of our greatest"...

:(