British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Will Covid 'passports' be needed to attend speedway meetings

I know speedway isn't full of younger adults,, but probably enough to make a big dent in the bank balance if not allowed in if hadn't had a jab yet. I don't see speedway using the passport scheme if there is a choice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Just watching the news and its indicating a positive test in the last 6 months would mean qualification for a 'passport'

???? positive or negative?

It is also on the news about being able to have rapid testing kits out twice a week.

2 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

???? positive or negative?

It is also on the news about being able to have rapid testing kits out twice a week.

Positive as it would indicate a level of natural immunity being present is highly likely in the similar way to a vaccination

A negative test would need to be very recent if that were to be used - say from the last 24 hours

6 hours ago, Mimmo said:

They wrote the wrong surname on mine at the NHS clinic, then crossed it out and put the correct one.  I wonder if I would be refused entry, as they may think it might be a stolen one that's been changed illegally into my name.    

If i was you i would contact my local surgery and ask for a replacement card, just explain that as you may need some form of proof of vaccination, at some point between now and when BoJo and his chums finds a company they can spunk money on to provide one that probably won't work. As yours has had the name altered its very open to accusations of being a terrible forgery

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mimmo said:

They wrote the wrong surname on mine, then crossed it out and put the correct one.  I wonder if I would be refused entry, as they may think it might be a stolen one that's been changed illegally into my name.    

When we had our first injection both the cards had mistakes crossed out so when we had our second injection we both asked for a new card with all the details correct as we said that the airlines would not accept any corrections. That was no problem and we now have them correct. 

I've only just downloaded the NHS Track and trace App, having had my 1st jab and the having to isolate a few days afterwards. I hadn't downloaded it earlier as i suspected they would send messages out to isolate even if you hadn't been in contact with a carrier, just to try and suppress the spread. It's surely not beyond the App designers to be able to include in your App the relevant information re vaccination dates, drug and batches. Then when you scan the QR code to access a pub, shop,theatre, stadium this would be your Passport, Either that or someone at the entrance scans a QR code unique to you which is on your App which proves you've been vaccinated. Obviously for those without a smartphone another method would have to be utilised

7 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

I've only just downloaded the NHS Track and trace App, having had my 1st jab and the having to isolate a few days afterwards. I hadn't downloaded it earlier as i suspected they would send messages out to isolate even if you hadn't been in contact with a carrier, just to try and suppress the spread. It's surely not beyond the App designers to be able to include in your App the relevant information re vaccination dates, drug and batches. Then when you scan the QR code to access a pub, shop,theatre, stadium this would be your Passport, Either that or someone at the entrance scans a QR code unique to you which is on your App which proves you've been vaccinated. Obviously for those without a smartphone another method would have to be utilised

nothing will be done until autumn at the latest !! 

8 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

isolate after jab ?? never heard of that !!!

I'm gutted that no fans can return to non league grassroots football until May 17th. It's perfectly ok for theme parks and zoo's to reopen on April 12th. I just don't understand it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GAH said:

isolate after jab ?? never heard of that !!!

I had the common headache, flu like symptoms for a day or two after having the jab. I suffer from asthma which gives me a hoarse cough, highly likely due to a combination of the jab, the start of the hayfever season for me and a bit of a sniffly cold my cough got a lot worst. As soon as i spoke to the Dr i was advised to isolate and get a test, even though he agreed it was highly likely it wasn't Covid-19. But a cough is a symptom so it's safety first and i don't think anyone would disagree that it's best to play safe

43 minutes ago, GAH said:

nothing will be done until autumn at the latest !! 

Let's be honest a form of vaccine passport is going to come in Worldwide, all those protesting it's against their human rights etc really need to get a grip. What are they going to do when they want 2 weeks in Spain, spend a fortune on tests to prove they don't have covid to get into Spain then again to get back into the UK.

This country needs to get ahead of the game, nobody allowed into the country unless they can prove they have been vaccinated, and as far as i'm concerned that's illegal immigrants as well. The Navy need to be rounding up these dinghies and taking them straight back to Europe. We have spent so much time locked down to protect the NHS from being overrun with patients who need ICU care, we have to protect and concentrate on the UK population who have suffered for the last year and whose descendents will be paying for it long after we are gone. Once things have calmed down in a year or two, then those immigrants can chance their arm on coming here and joining our wonderful diverse and cosmopolitan bunch of people that put the Great in Britain

All this worldwide panic for an infection which is as infectious as flu and probably actually kills less than flu

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Let's be honest a form of vaccine passport is going to come in Worldwide, all those protesting it's against their human rights etc really need to get a grip. What are they going to do when they want 2 weeks in Spain, spend a fortune on tests to prove they don't have covid to get into Spain then again to get back into the UK.

This country needs to get ahead of the game, nobody allowed into the country unless they can prove they have been vaccinated, and as far as i'm concerned that's illegal immigrants as well. The Navy need to be rounding up these dinghies and taking them straight back to Europe. We have spent so much time locked down to protect the NHS from being overrun with patients who need ICU care, we have to protect and concentrate on the UK population who have suffered for the last year and whose descendents will be paying for it long after we are gone. Once things have calmed down in a year or two, then those immigrants can chance their arm on coming here and joining our wonderful diverse and cosmopolitan bunch of people that put the Great in Britain

All this worldwide panic for an infection which is as infectious as flu and probably actually kills less than flu

I'm not condoning illegal immigrants, but I'm sure that any who are picked up would be held in holding centres for at least a couple of weeks to ensure they are covid free.

As for sending them back to Europe, we can no longer transfer migrant back to France as we have left the EU so are no longer signed up to something called "Dublin III", which allowed asylum seekers to be returned to the EU member state where they came from. Apparently. Not that I recall many being sent back before we left the EU either.

Migrant crossings: What happens to migrants who reach the UK? - BBC News

• Like 1

It’s interesting that Sturgeon has said the Scottish Government will allow 25% stadium capacity for the Euro’s in June.Does that  mean that will be the capacity allowed in all sports Stadiums.!!!!

could be bad news for Speedway.

Edited by Fromafar

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s interesting that Sturgeon has said the Scottish Government will allow 25% stadium capacity for the Euro’s in June.Does that  mean that will be the capacity allowed in all sports Stadiums.!!!!

could be bad news for Speedway.

I'd think speedway would be very happy if it could actually fill its stadiums to 25% capacity. :D

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

Just now, Humphrey Appleby said:

I'd think speedway would be very happy if it could actually fill its stadiums to 25% capacity. :D

Agree,but when you see the size of Armadale and Ashfield there might be a problem regarding number allowed in.