Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Will Covid 'passports' be needed to attend speedway meetings

22 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

I had the common headache, flu like symptoms for a day or two after having the jab. I suffer from asthma which gives me a hoarse cough, highly likely due to a combination of the jab, the start of the hayfever season for me and a bit of a sniffly cold my cough got a lot worst. As soon as i spoke to the Dr i was advised to isolate and get a test, even though he agreed it was highly likely it wasn't Covid-19. But a cough is a symptom so it's safety first and i don't think anyone would disagree that it's best to play safe

best wishes !!

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 7:55 PM, GAH said:

best wishes !!

I'm like you, coughing a lot because my asthma was bad yesterday & today, caused by non-stop sinus drip due to polyps (32 of them I'm told) at the top of my nostrils.  I feel like I've got a heavy cold, but haven't, and I'm having my second jab tomorrow, so hope I don't feel any worse after it than I already do. 

On 4/6/2021 at 10:27 PM, Triple.H. said:

nobody allowed into the country unless they can prove they have been vaccinated

That'd be interesting to see how that works....how many speedway riders that will be commuting from the continent have been vaccinated? Birmingham's Italian and two Germans, for example? Germany hasn't even started to vaccinate it's under-70's yet. What chance a speedway rider in his 20's?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

That'd be interesting to see how that works....how many speedway riders that will be commuting from the continent have been vaccinated? Birmingham's Italian and two Germans, for example? Germany hasn't even started to vaccinate it's under-70's yet. What chance a speedway rider in his 20's?

Maybe pay for a vaccine to jump the queue, but even then as you have to have 2 shots X amount of weeks apart, they would still not be vaccinated in time