British Speedway Forum
chunky

Quick Update...

41 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

I am sure John will explain why he left the forum and has disappeared from other social media  - when he replies to your emails. Or you could get Steve Roberts to ask for you.

By the way, I have no problem with you. It was the way you thought you knew me more than I knew myself I didn't care for. When I turned the tables on you and did the same, you had a hissy. 

I don't come on the forum much nowadays. Since tonight's visit, I find I am not alone. Same reasons too.

Totally agree.

The Forum is dominated by a number of self-opinionated folk. They will crash down on anyone who disagrees with them. Especially, it seems, if you are elderly like John. It is his treatment that was instrumental in my cutting back drastically on my time on this Forum. I have other things to do now. So it is immaterial to me what anyone thinks.

I too, communicate with John by e-mail - I would far rather listen to what he has to say than read some of the nastiness to him on here.

Anyway - that is my final Post on the subject - unless I feel the need to defend myself.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

Totally agree.

The Forum is dominated by a number of self-opinionated folk. They will crash down on anyone who disagrees with them. Especially, it seems, if you are elderly like John. It is his treatment that was instrumental in my cutting back drastically on my time on this Forum. I have other things to do now. So it is immaterial to me what anyone thinks.

I too, communicate with John by e-mail - I would far rather listen to what he has to say than read some of the nastiness to him on here.

I am glad I visited the site today. Before then, I felt my problem with other members was all of my doing.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

I am glad I visited the site today. Before then, I felt my problem with other members was all of my doing.  

Certainly not moxey63. You are definitely not the problem.

I too am pleased I came on today.

Believe me, it is a rare occasion these days.

1 minute ago, The White Knight said:

Certainly not moxey63. You are definitely not the problem.

I too am pleased I came on today.

Believe me, it is a rare occasion these days.

Thank you, TWK. Look after yourself.

• Like 1

Just now, moxey63 said:

Thank you, TWK. Look after yourself.

You too moxey63.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chunky said:

Not true. I get on his back when he posts crap on here, and acts like an idiot.

And what's wrong with posting crap on here?:blink: There's crap posted on here everyday but you don't react to it,but you did with an 88 year old speedway enthusiast :(

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bluejam said:

And what's wrong with posting crap on here?:blink: There's crap posted on here everyday but you don't react to it,but you did with an 88 year old speedway enthusiast :(

Okay, looks like I'm the one who's not wanted here...

8 hours ago, chunky said:

Okay, looks like I'm the one who's not wanted here...

Not from my view point. By contributing one is always open to criticism.  The maxim is attack the post not the poster. We can all be guilty of building a picture up of someone that we never know if its accurate or a mis judgement. 

Jab #1 can hurt... but I still want Jab #2 

PS: I like Marmite!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bluejam said:

There's nothing wrong with it.  But then you must expect people to react or interact with it, otherwise why post it on a public forum?  John's postings could be quite bizarre (Jack Keen from Erith!) and were often going to receive a negative reaction from some.

Chunky reacts to all sorts of posts on here, regardless of the age of the poster.  In fact, I can think of several other posters who were far more vociferous towards John's postings.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Kester said:

There's nothing wrong with it.  But then you must expect people to react or interact with it, otherwise why post it on a public forum?  John's postings could be quite bizarre (Jack Keen from Erith!) and were often going to receive a negative reaction from some.

Chunky reacts to all sorts of posts on here, regardless of the age of the poster.  In fact, I can think of several other posters who were far more vociferous towards John's postings.

I agree Kester. Chunky is quite outspoken and doesn't mince words, but that doesn't mean he is wrong to do so especially if someone is posting complete nonsense and doing it specifically to wind people up themselves. Kester mentions Jack Keen from Erith, but at one time, John Hyam had at least four different aliases he was posting under and there were a number of threads where he took over and just argued with himself. It was bizarre. He did settle down from that but would then quite often post provocative statements and get hurt when people replied to them. I was actually quite friendly with John and had been for many years, as he did have a lot to contribute to the history of speedway, and, away from the Forum, was very helpful and supportive to me, but I have to say that even I found his posts very tiresome at times. I never picked him up on his posts or argued with him on here because of our friendship but it was a bit of strain to restrain myself sometimes!

As Kester says, there were others far more outspoken than Chunky in their responses and Chunky did, on several occasions, try and help John out with information, both historical and technical, but, many times, his help was flung back in his face.

Incidentally, I do find it funny how those posters accusing people of bullying are lining up to attack Chunky!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2021 at 8:50 AM, norbold said:

I agree Kester. Chunky is quite outspoken and doesn't mince words, but that doesn't mean he is wrong to do so especially if someone is posting complete nonsense and doing it specifically to wind people up themselves. Kester mentions Jack Keen from Erith, but at one time, John Hyam had at least four different aliases he was posting under and there were a number of threads where he took over and just argued with himself. It was bizarre. He did settle down from that but would then quite often post provocative statements and get hurt when people replied to them. I was actually quite friendly with John and had been for many years, as he did have a lot to contribute to the history of speedway, and, away from the Forum, was very helpful and supportive to me, but I have to say that even I found his posts very tiresome at times. I never picked him up on his posts or argued with him on here because of our friendship but it was a bit of strain to restrain myself sometimes!

As Kester says, there were others far more outspoken than Chunky in their responses and Chunky did, on several occasions, try and help John out with information, both historical and technical, but, many times, his help was flung back in his face.

Incidentally, I do find it funny how those posters accusing people of bullying are lining up to attack Chunky!

Well, I wasn't confining my arguments only to Chunky. You are right norbold, when you state that Chunky was one of John's minor attackers. There are, however, a few others on here who are not nearly so mild in their criticism, or should I say bullying (for that is what it is). I will not name them because you all know who they are.

13 hours ago, The White Knight said:

Well, I wasn't confining my arguments only to Chunky.

So why did you open with that statement? That looked pretty specific to me? Plus, it's a lie; ALWAYS "on his back"?

As norbold stated, I was usually one of the first to jump in and help when John needed it.

I often stated that John just needed to forget about posting stupid, contradictory, inflammatory, illegal, and insulting stuff, and everything would be fine. I stand by that still...

Edited by chunky
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, The White Knight said:

Well, I wasn't confining my arguments only to Chunky. You are right norbold, when you state that Chunky was one of John's minor attackers. There are, however, a few others on here who are not nearly so mild in their criticism, or should I say bullying (for that is what it is). I will not name them because you all know who they are.

If a lot of people call out one person for trolling or posting repeated nonsense, that is not bullying. 

• Like 2

What I miss are genuine speedway related themes that some posters regularly took the trouble to post. :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

What I miss are genuine speedway related themes that some posters regularly took the trouble to post. :(

Have to agree. By far my favourite threads are those on years gone by, reminiscing/debating about favourite speedway eras (80s for me) and the great- and not so great- riders from those times. 

• Like 2