British Speedway Forum
chunky

Quick Update...

15 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Have to agree. By far my favourite threads are those on years gone by, reminiscing/debating about favourite speedway eras (80s for me) and the great- and not so great- riders from those times. 

I find the threads about the not-so-great (and often forgotten) riders the most interesting of all - and heaven knows, there were enough of 'em in the 80's!

Edited by chunky
  • Like 3

I like everybody who posts  on here.(But then I am heavily medicated!!!!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, BOBBATH said:

I like everybody who posts  on here.(But then I am heavily medicated!!!!)

You NEED to be if you are on here... :rolleyes:

That's the least of my problems mate! We are still in lockdown here!!

I recently created a detailed list of Posts and speedway publications that I have been involved with over the years. I even posted it - SOMEWHERE!! NOW I CANNOT FIND IT. Can anyone help me - PLEASE?

Edited by Guest

quite possibly in one of the threads you deleted

11 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

I recently created a detailed list of Posts and speedway publications that I have been involved with over the years. I even posted it - SOMEWHERE!! NOW I CANNOT FIND IT. Can anyone help me - PLEASE?

9 hours ago, stevehone said:

quite possibly in one of the threads you deleted

I tend to agree with you stevehone!

For other posters I would like to confirm that I am no longer involved as a member of FACEBOOK.

Edited by Guest

Hi John, glad to see your posts again, any memories that you have of the 1956 World Final would be welcome- that's where you correctly predicted the winner (Ove) when the Star asked for predictions from its columnists in the World Final preview edition.

2 hours ago, BOBBATH said:

Hi John, glad to see your posts again, any memories that you have of the 1956 World Final would be welcome- that's where you correctly predicted the winner (Ove) when the Star asked for predictions from its columnists in the World Final preview edition.

The only memory I have is from after the meeting. I was in the official lift with other journalists and the new world champion Ove Fundin. We were on our way to the stadium reception room. I was given a very cold look by the other journalists when I shook Fundin's hand to congratulate him for his well deserved success.

Edited by Guest

Just an update from me. I am currently sitting on a balcony of a wine producer in Germany looking towards the French border drinking a sample of his wine and watching a beautiful sunset while the crickets are chirping happily away 

Heaven on earth 

• Like 2

What does the future hold for speedway? The way the sport is losing impact year on year sadly I can envisage no long-term racing under the present form in the UK. Eventually I think team racing will cease and meetings will be rather akin to another format as used in the USA.

All quite depressing stuff really for over a decade from i guess someone  who gets little joy from the sport and quite possibly life and now not even Facebook 

On 5/12/2022 at 8:35 PM, JohnHyam said:

On 5/13/2022 at 6:33 AM, JohnHyam said:

I tend to agree with you stevehone!

For other posters I would like to confirm that I am no longer involved as a member of FACEBOOK.

THE MISSING DATA HAS BEEN FOUND! Read on:-

I was busy over the years 1952-2012 being involved writing for Speedway Gazette, Speedway World, Speedway Mail, Speedway Graphic, Speedway News, Speedway Star, Monthly Speedway World, Monthly Speedway Star, Vintage Speedway Magazine, Classic Speedway, Australian Speedway World, Revs (Australia), Speedway Reporter, Monthly Speedway Reporter, The Voice, South London Advertiser and two speedway magazines - one in Sweden and one in Poland - whose titles escape me.

I was also the corespondent between 1958 and 1963 for the old Sunday newspaper 'Sunday Citizen' while in my many years full-time at the bi-weekly 'South London Press' between 1973 and 2012 when there was speedway at Wimbledon I covered the club in the Tuesday and Friday editions. Add to this that I edited three editions of the annual "Speedway Digest' in the early 1960s.

Edited by Guest
updated

2 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

THE MISSING DATA HAS BEEN FOUND! Read on:-

I was busy over the years 1952-2012 being involved writing for Speedway Gazette, Speedway World, Speedway Mail, Speedway Graphic, Speedway News, Speedway Star, Monthly Speedway World, Monthly Speedway Star, Vintage Speedway Magazine, Classic Speedway, Australian Speedway World, Revs (Australia), Speedway Reporter, Monthly Speedway Reporter, The Voice, South London Advertiser and two speedway magazines - one in Sweden and one in Poland - whose titles escape me.

I was also the corespondent between 1958 and 1963 for the old Sunday newspaper 'Sunday Citizen' while in my many years full-time at the bi-weekly 'South London Press' between 1973 and 2012 when there was speedway at Wimbledon I covered the club in the Tuesday and Friday editions. Add to this that I edited three editions of the annual "Speedway Digest' in the early 1960s.

Now i can sleep tonight !!!  :) and NO it`s not bullying ;)

• Haha 1