British Speedway Forum
chunky

Quick Update...

On 4/5/2021 at 5:37 PM, moxey63 said:

I thought that too. The forum became a playground for and controlled by bullies. Because of this, I guess John Hyam lost the passion to post on a sport he's loved for decades. Sad really.  

It's more than a year since your post moxey63. Sadly things IMO have NOT changed for the better!

39 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

It's more than a year since your post moxey63. Sadly things IMO have NOT changed for the better!

You ask for it by keep promoting yourself! You need to stop posting - AND REPOSTING - the same stuff on different threads 

On 4/5/2021 at 9:37 PM, The White Knight said:

The Forum is dominated by a number of self-opinionated folk. They will crash down on anyone who disagrees with them. Especially, it seems, if you are elderly like John. It is his treatment that was instrumental in my cutting back drastically on my time on this Forum. I have other things to do now. So it is immaterial to me what anyone thinks.

An excellent summary of BSF matters TWK! Well said.

2 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

2 hours ago, chunky said:

You ask for it by keep promoting yourself! You need to stop posting - AND REPOSTING - the same stuff on different threads 

WHY? As an old quote  advises "...spread the word...!"

Edited by Guest

24 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

Many forum users only visit ONE thread.

No they don't! They may stick to one SECTION (such as "Years Gone By"), but that doesn't mean you have to post and repost the same information in multiple threads..

Am i imagining  things but didn’t a certain John Hyam Esq say he was quitting Facebook for good ?? I have just noticed  that he joined the old time speedway group on May 18th !!

Edited by racers and royals

5 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

Slight correction: look back over the years on the FACEBOOK group and you will find that I was a founder member of it MANY YEARS ago! What happened in the matter you refer to was my membership went into a TEMPORARY LAPSE and need to be reinstated,

Fair enough- so you haven’t quit Facebook for good then ?

Guess what? After promoting "Look, it's all about me!" again, someone has started deleting posts again...

16 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

SOMEONE RETURNS! If you want to find me (doubtful!) I am on FACEBOOK at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2534388756831922

You do realise that this forum is NOT designed to advertise YOU, don't you? That is considered "spamming"...

22 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

SOMEONE RETURNS! If you want to find me (doubtful!) I am on FACEBOOK at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2534388756831922

4 minutes ago, chunky said:

You do realise that this forum is NOT designed to advertise YOU, don't you? That is considered "spamming"...

In that case you should report 'the/my offence' to BSF Mod Phil!!!!

2 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

In that case you should report 'the/my offence' to BSF Mod Phil!!!!

AND STOP QUOTING MULTIPLE POSTS! I SHOWED YOU THAT IN THE FORUM GUIDELINES!

2 minutes ago, chunky said:

AND STOP QUOTING MULTIPLE POSTS! I SHOWED YOU THAT IN THE FORUM GUIDELINES!

Just a thought... but as creator of this thread, why not remove his sad attention-seeking by deleting the thread?    I'm sure no one else would mind.

Just now, PotteringAround said:

Just a thought... but as creator of this thread, why not remove his sad attention-seeking by deleting the thread?    I'm sure no one else would mind.

I'll tell you, as one of the only people on here who has tolerated him - and constantly tried to help him - I have just about had it. I just can't understand someone of his age acting like a 10-year-old, breaking every rule in the book, and making everything about HIM. If I did delete this thread 1) it would make me like him, and 2), he would troll all the other threads trying to make them all about him...

1 minute ago, chunky said:

I'll tell you, as one of the only people on here who has tolerated him - and constantly tried to help him - I have just about had it. I just can't understand someone of his age acting like a 10-year-old, breaking every rule in the book, and making everything about HIM. If I did delete this thread 1) it would make me like him, and 2), he would troll all the other threads trying to make them all about him...

I understand and respect your points 1 and 2.

But I was thinking more of  "3) it would be quite funny"