British Speedway Forum
steve roberts

Dave Jessup Book

On 5/20/2021 at 12:41 PM, waiheke1 said:

Just read it on Kindle. Slightly disappointing read imo, I'd say it is probably for  DJ fans only - lots of year by year detail, but little real insight into the person rather than the rider, and no real analysis of what caused the regular engine failures at key moments. One of the duller speedway biographies. 

Same..just read on kindle..I thought it was pretty dull..basically just running out a lot of stats ..I feel anybody could have written it really with a load of Speedway Stars at hand...there was nothing in it that wasn’t known...ok but nothing special

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 9:56 PM, Bruiser said:

Same..just read on kindle..I thought it was pretty dull..basically just running out a lot of stats ..I feel anybody could have written it really with a load of Speedway Stars at hand...there was nothing in it that wasn’t known...ok but nothing special

If you don't already, you should subscribe to Backtrack magazine if it's real insight into an ex-rider's career you want. We find they open up to us if you ask the right questions and know your subject well.

Retro Speedway (retro-speedway.com)

Edited by TonyMac
  • Like 2

On 6/4/2021 at 1:09 PM, TonyMac said:

If you don't already, you should subscribe to Backtrack magazine if it's real insight into an ex-rider's career you want. We find they open up to us if you ask the right questions and know your subject well.

Retro Speedway (retro-speedway.com)

Thank you….I have now just subscribed…I have been a fan since the 70’s and then on the other side of the fence as such when my brother in law rode in the mid 80’s to mid 90’s so I should like these I think ….cheers 

• Like 1