British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thomasthedog

Speedway on TV

Hi guys!  Hoping somebody can advise.  I'm trying to prepare for speedway on TV in 2021, I'd like to be able to watch Premiership speedway along with the GP series and SON (assuming they go ahead).  The problem I have is otherwise we don't really watch tv.  I looked at getting the "players" but as I'd need Eurosport and BT Sports, that works out to about £20+ per month which is about what it'd cost for full Plusnet/Youview.  Last season I watched some on Youtube but it was hideous watching it all with either Polish or Russian commentary!  Is there any better way of getting just BT sports speedway and Eurosport or do I need to "bite the bullet" and get a full tv package?

One of the BT packages includes Eurosport, so it might be worth checking the site out and asking in the online chat

15 hours ago, thomasthedog said:

Hi guys!  Hoping somebody can advise.  I'm trying to prepare for speedway on TV in 2021, I'd like to be able to watch Premiership speedway along with the GP series and SON (assuming they go ahead).  The problem I have is otherwise we don't really watch tv.  I looked at getting the "players" but as I'd need Eurosport and BT Sports, that works out to about £20+ per month which is about what it'd cost for full Plusnet/Youview.  Last season I watched some on Youtube but it was hideous watching it all with either Polish or Russian commentary!  Is there any better way of getting just BT sports speedway and Eurosport or do I need to "bite the bullet" and get a full tv package?

Who is your broadband with? 

11 hours ago, Noodles said:

Going by the profile name i'll have a guess at Woof Woof

On 4/10/2021 at 9:11 AM, Noodles said:

Currently it's with Talk Talk but contract is coming up for renewal and I'd rather move away. Their sports packages are really expensive.  I think I've found a deal for Eurosport player @ £5 a month and BT sports @ £10 a month through my EE mobile account.  I know £15 a month isn't much less than Youview, but I could get it for "speedway months" only.

If you're current contract is coming to an end, the time now,  is to do your research and then say to TalkTalk,, if you're happy with their service, as i'm a valued customer do me a deal, I'm pretty sure a lot of providers allow you to subscribe/unsubscribe to certain channels via the website

• Like 1

Bt phone/broadband give you access to bt sport via an app, I watch it on my tablet, also saw an advert for by broadband at £24.99 which seams a good price

• Like 1

I'm with bt broadband but cancelled the sport because it went up from £6 to £10. I watched it thru the sky platform but I've also cancelled sky now. However, I'm still with bt for my broadband so can I watch it on my Amazon fire or a lap top thru an app?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bruno said:

still with bt for my broadband so can I watch it on my Amazon fire or a lap top thru an app?

Yea as far as I'm aware, I'm on bt broadband only and watch Moto GP and speedway gp thro the bt app on my tablet, just need to put your bt login details, the same ones as for getting your bill online

• Like 1

i watch the GP's and SoN on my pc using a VPN making it look like i'm in another country, that way i can watch the Speedway GP website live coverage with no cuts to the studio but getting all the interviews with riders instead. it's the feed used on the big screens at the track.

the VPN i use is free

Edited by stevehone

I wouldn't be signing up for a full tv package, it's not certain if/when the 2021 season will start. Also no one knows who will have the tv rights for SGP & SON next year. 

I'm using my Amazon Fire Cube with Eurosport Player app at £20 for the year. I will then add the BT Sport app just for the relevant months at £15 a month. 

12 hours ago, Noodles said:

I wouldn't be signing up for a full tv package, it's not certain if/when the 2021 season will start. Also no one knows who will have the tv rights for SGP & SON next year. 

I'm using my Amazon Fire Cube with Eurosport Player app at £20 for the year. I will then add the BT Sport app just for the relevant months at £15 a month. 

This is what I'm thinking.  Realistically I think we're only looking at needing the sports channels May- September so really not worth signing up to a full package.  How do you get Eurosport player for the year for £20?  Is that an Amazon offer?

4 hours ago, thomasthedog said:

This is what I'm thinking.  Realistically I think we're only looking at needing the sports channels May- September so really not worth signing up to a full package.  How do you get Eurosport player for the year for £20?  Is that an Amazon offer?

Eurosport have half price deals throughout the year. The last one was in March & I suspect they'll have another one mid-May.  Avoid Eurosport through Amazon, it's not the full & proper Eurosport Player.