British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Covid Plans

With the start of the season now a little over a month away have any clubs released plans surrounding that actual attendance of a meeting?

I assume I won't be turning up to the turnstiles at 19:25, handing over my cash and heading off directly to where I always stand?

I've just read on the Leicester website that Stewart Dickson is "happy with the reduced capacity we are being advised on", well I'm happy for him, what I don't know is what this means for me and other fans. Are matches going to be all ticket affairs, should I travel to an away match on the off chance of being let in. If it is all ticket how do I get a ticket, what if I don't have the internet (obviously as I've posted this I do but some won't).

Is each club devising their own systems or are the governing body issuing guidelines?

Anybody have any ideas?

• Like 1

It’s up in the air in a lot of circumstances so far as each club will have different guidelines to adhere to as these are dictated by local councils not to mention different govt rules for Edin and Glasgow also  

Every club I have seen has said it will be pre purchased tickets only at the start of the season at least to ease queuing and time at entry 

Only Newcastle and that was quickly withdrawn although some of the stuff there was ominous for a few tracks 

2 hours ago, iainb said:

With the start of the season now a little over a month away have any clubs released plans surrounding that actual attendance of a meeting?

I assume I won't be turning up to the turnstiles at 19:25, handing over my cash and heading off directly to where I always stand?

I've just read on the Leicester website that Stewart Dickson is "happy with the reduced capacity we are being advised on", well I'm happy for him, what I don't know is what this means for me and other fans. Are matches going to be all ticket affairs, should I travel to an away match on the off chance of being let in. If it is all ticket how do I get a ticket, what if I don't have the internet (obviously as I've posted this I do but some won't).

Is each club devising their own systems or are the governing body issuing guidelines?

Anybody have any ideas?

I think you would be ill-advised to travel to any away meeting without having a pre-purchased ticket - at least up to June 21st!

Some clubs eg Plymouth and Eastbourne + probably others have announced their advance ticketing policy on their websites and will/have likely announcements in their respective local media. Other clubs are simply waiting a little longer for final confirmation on attendance numbers/ social distancing/facemasks.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Only Newcastle and that was quickly withdrawn although some of the stuff there was ominous for a few tracks 

please elaborate

Newcastle were allocated a ridiculously low capacity by the local authority which led the Diamonds to say that it was not economical to run on that basis.

That statement has now been withdrawn so presume discussion is ongoing.

If that is replicated by local authorities across the UK....

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, iainb said:

Anybody have any ideas?

Leicester have told me that entry by prepaid ticket is going to be the method used. They are in discussions with LCC about other details.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skodaman said:

Leicester have told me that entry by prepaid ticket is going to be the method used. They are in discussions with LCC about other details.

looks like the days of the fans that travel are done  !  

Edited by jenga
  • Sad 1

BSPL need to have a meeting if they have not already have had one about the current problems with rider availability and travel between Europe 

Infection rates are going up in London. I hope this doesn't mean the brakes being put on again.

23 hours ago, topaz325 said:

BSPL need to have a meeting if they have not already have had one about the current problems with rider availability and travel between Europe 

Surely that is down to indivual clubs and riders not the BSPL

On 4/14/2021 at 3:30 PM, jenga said:

looks like the days of the fans that travel are done  !  

Not in my case, accommodation booked for all Edinburgh and Armadale away meetings except Devils meetings at Berwick and Belle Vue.  Only need Sturgeon to give me and fellow travellers our 'FREEDOM'

• Like 2

1 hour ago, edmon said:

Not in my case, accommodation booked for all Edinburgh and Armadale away meetings except Devils meetings at Berwick and Belle Vue.  Only need Sturgeon to give me and fellow travellers our 'FREEDOM'

You are a top fan of your club, not having a dig at any fan of any club, but i bet there are many who wish if they could arrange time off and finances that they could follow your lead. I hope the riders and management, and also those of the opposition acknowledge your support at every meeting.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, edmon said:

Only need Sturgeon to give me and fellow travellers our 'FREEDOM'

... and a ticket to get in. I hope your lodgings are booked on refundable deals. I hope it comes off for you but aren't you concerned about ticket availability and capacity limits?

So, as I expected there doesn't seem to be any plan regarding getting British Speedway restarted, regarding ticket sales at least. I've been scanning around trying to buy tickets for the matches I'm interested in attending and it seems that instead of the BSPL employing some kind of centralised ticket purchasing system each club have been left to their own devices.

I bought my first Leicester ticket a week or so ago

Belle Vue went on sale yesterday at 9 am as promised

Peterborough postponed Tuesday at 9 am until Wednesday and as yet there is still nothing

and Kent you have to ring up

:unsure: