British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Covid Plans

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

So, as I expected there doesn't seem to be any plan regarding getting British Speedway restarted, regarding ticket sales at least. I've been scanning around trying to buy tickets for the matches I'm interested in attending and it seems that instead of the BSPL employing some kind of centralised ticket purchasing system each club have been left to their own devices.

I bought my first Leicester ticket a week or so ago

Belle Vue went on sale yesterday at 9 am as promised

Peterborough postponed Tuesday at 9 am until Wednesday and as yet there is still nothing

and Kent you have to ring up

:unsure:

Online for the Eastbourne Eagles and the ticket sales site has been running for weeks. Go to the website for details...easy to book.

Just now, Richard Weston said:

Online for the Eastbourne Eagles and the ticket sales site has been running for weeks. Go to the website for details...easy to book.

Yes... as has Leicester's. I don't want to go to Eastbourne though as lovely a place as it is. I wonder why the technology hasn't been shared between clubs?

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Yes... as has Leicester's. I don't want to go to Eastbourne though as lovely a place as it is. I wonder why the technology hasn't been shared between clubs?

Each club has to reach a capacity agreement with its local authority so there are bound to be some differences.  Whether its the same online booking system for all clubs remains to be seen.

45 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Each club has to reach a capacity agreement with its local authority so there are bound to be some differences.  Whether its the same online booking system for all clubs remains to be seen.

It's the easiest thing in the world to set a capacity limit with an online booking system... it's just a field with a number in it

2 hours ago, iainb said:

It's the easiest thing in the world to set a capacity limit with an online booking system... it's just a field with a number in it

... but capacity is set by individual local authorities, some faster to act on government guidance than others. If only it was as simple as pressing a button on a computer.

WOLVERHAMPTON Speedway have been given the green light to go racing next Monday – with fans enjoying the action.
The bikes will roar again for the first time since October 2019 at the famous Monmore Green Stadium on Monday May 17.
Following confirmation of the latest progress with the government roadmap, Parrys International Wolves riders will race in the ‘Thank You NHS’ meeting as they look to dust off the cobwebs.
The club would like to place on record their sincere appreciation to stadium landlords Ladbrokes for their support and to Wolverhampton City Council for their understanding and efforts in reaching this point.
There will be a restricted attendance level to start the season which the club sincerely hope will increase beyond June 21 to ensure the sport is viable at Monmore Green to see out the season.
Tickets will go on sale very soon and the club urges fans to keep checking the official website and social media channels.

I READ ON ANOTHER POST THAT THEY WILL COVER FOR LESS THAN 1000 FANS.

5 hours ago, iainb said:

Not sure on that but I'm told Eastbourne have talked to other clubs about what they are doing.

41 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

... but capacity is set by individual local authorities, some faster to act on government guidance than others. If only it was as simple as pressing a button on a computer.

George, I think It should be as simple as that, a centralised booking system with each clubs capacity set at whatever the local authority set. I assume those clubs that have got an online booking system have their capacity's set or will they be issuing refunds when it's oversubscribed?

36 minutes ago, iainb said:

George, I think It should be as simple as that, a centralised booking system with each clubs capacity set at whatever the local authority set. I assume those clubs that have got an online booking system have their capacity's set or will they be issuing refunds when it's oversubscribed?

Some haven't had their capacity signed off yet 

37 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Some haven't had their capacity signed off yet 

Well obviously they can't be sold without knowledge of capacity limits. You seem to be missing my point that why is there a scattergun approach to ticket sales? When Peterborough's finally did go live I was able to buy tickets until the end of the season (which I have), Leicester on the other hand only have 3 matches in advance, Kent ring up on the phone, Belle Vue first 5 fixtures... not sure about any others as they're the only ones I'm interested in at the moment

I’m very keen to see some Live Speedway - Belle Vue fan but also like most of us a fan in general , purchased tickets for Belle Vue and the Colts , Leicester on Saturday - Sheffield hopefully for next Thursday but not on sale yet and have planned Glasgow for the GP Q and Newcastle on the Sat / Sun in June , going to do Eastbourne / Mildenhall back to back in July / Aug and from Preston Kent in one day and Kings Lynn ... new tracks will be Eastbourne / Kent and Kings Lynn leaving just Plymouth ... travelling on my own and hoping for the weather to be ok - all time booked off work 

• Like 1

I wonder if there are any plans in place for clubs that may not be able to complete their fixtures for whatever reason? If a local lockdown is put in place and a club can't run or a club is forced to run without fans and elect not to run. Also rider availability is probably going to be an issue, looking at a number of clubs team photos and there are a lot of them with only 5 or 6 riders on show.

It'd only take 1 club in the top league to not be able to fulfil their fixtures for it soon to become a mockery. Maybe this season they should have done away with the play-offs and gone to the old style you win the league you win the league format. 

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I wonder if there are any plans in place for clubs that may not be able to complete their fixtures for whatever reason? If a local lockdown is put in place and a club can't run or a club is forced to run without fans and elect not to run. Also rider availability is probably going to be an issue, looking at a number of clubs team photos and there are a lot of them with only 5 or 6 riders on show.

It'd only take 1 club in the top league to not be able to fulfil their fixtures for it soon to become a mockery. Maybe this season they should have done away with the play-offs and gone to the old style you win the league you win the league format. 

To be fair, Speedway titles n the UK have very little credibility in a 'normal' season so I think this year will be one that is put together with the main aim (by far), to just get UK Speedway back up and running...

As two seasons out would have been a complete disaster for it...

In a strange way, the way the sport runs itself, any 'make it up as you go along' changes wont actually impact it too much I would suggest..

As we all will have seen such things happen many times before and accepted it..

"In the interests of Speedway" may be the watch words this season..

It will just be good to have the racing back...

"I know little Jimmy hasn't scored a point this season but he has to self isolate, I'll be using a facility until he is able to ride again" - you heard it here first folks!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

"I know little Jimmy hasn't scored a point this season but he has to self isolate, I'll be using a facility until he is able to ride again" - you heard it here first folks!

His milkman's aunty's window cleaner has been diagnosed with Covid and he handled a bottle of milk that the milkman delivered.....

• Haha 1