British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Covid Plans

It's great to be back at the tracks, I've been to 3 now with very different procedures:

Scunny: QR contact tracing code seemingly optional, was attached to the fence at the entrance, I was the only one I saw checking in with the app

Belle Vue: Contact details compulsory, either using the QR code and the app or contact details taken down using pen and paper

Peterborough: No QR code to be seen anywhere, no contact details taken... and the crowd "seemingly" more than 1000

1 hour ago, iainb said:

It's great to be back at the tracks, I've been to 3 now with very different procedures:

Scunny: QR contact tracing code seemingly optional, was attached to the fence at the entrance, I was the only one I saw checking in with the app

Belle Vue: Contact details compulsory, either using the QR code and the app or contact details taken down using pen and paper

Peterborough: No QR code to be seen anywhere, no contact details taken... and the crowd "seemingly" more than 1000

I thought the spectator attitudes varied quite a bit too.

Redcar: we're back let's party (but safely)

Leicester: it's just part of the routine (well they have been in semi-permanent lockdown since last June.)

Belle Vue: an air of clinical efficiency

Peterborough: whinge, whinge whinge (although the Showground security operation does provoke it at times)

I've been to 4 events so far:                Lydd - behind closed doors - invitation only.                                                            Eastbourne - tight as a drum, masks worn throughout, quite uncomfortable really.                                                          Frittenden - battle of Britain Grasstrack - relaxed attitude, masks seemed optional.                                      Kent - masks worn when moving about, optional in grandstand. Stewards enforcing the rules.

It seems 'elite sports' have different rules to non league football, which is mainly track and trace and temperature tests only.                 

Edited by cityrebel
Mistake in post