British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

The obvious question about this and other early fixtures will be ticketing arrangements.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, arnieg said:

The obvious question about this and other early fixtures will be ticketing arrangements.

It's going to be an awkward situation for club and supporters I'd have thought to know what's happening, as I believe it's that same day that BoJo confirms what and what can't happen, isn't it?  If for any reason, he alters his proposed plans late that afternoon, many people won't know, as they will have been at work. 

• Like 1

With or without fans ? If it’s with fans will have to be all advance tickets or they won’t no how many will turn up as there will under current guidelines be restrictions on numbers allowed in .

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Keen :D

Who wouldn't be keen on a nice away win to kick-start the season ;)

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Indeed - won't be travelling without a guarantee to get in

• Haha 1

Early meetings will surely be all ticket, it’s the only way it can be IMO. And with theatres etc opening that day surely BoJo et al will be making things clear over that weekend rather than during the day on the Monday? 

I wouldn’t be surprised if early meetings get pushed back but as it stands there is no reason this should t go head with some kind of crowd. The figures are very low currently. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Early meetings will surely be all ticket, it’s the only way it can be IMO. And with theatres etc opening that day surely BoJo et al will be making things clear over that weekend rather than during the day on the Monday? 

I wouldn’t be surprised if early meetings get pushed back but as it stands there is no reason this should t go head with some kind of crowd. The figures are very low currently. 

Had an email this morning from Notts cricket club as they put it they are OPTIMISTIC ( there words not mine )  of fans returning for a county championship game on May 20th - rules are allocated seating within families or support bubbles - social distancing throughout-no cash sales for food and drink -restrictions on numbers in toilets - - even though I’m a member I have to get a ticket if I want to attend free of charge as I’m a member if I’m unable to attend I have to let the club no so I think speedway will definitely be all ticket -It also seems things will be confirmed on the 10th May if all the above will happen with fans so I guess speedway clubs will no more on the 10thMay as well 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Put money on Chris Harris to get his first of many guest appearances 

Could he ride for both?

• Like 1

There is a suggestion on Facebook, that a negative test result will be needed to get into a certain championship club, if we get underway on the 17th.

I think the allowed capacity will suffice to not mean advance ticketing but we will see ..... 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Trees said:

I think the allowed capacity will suffice to not mean advance ticketing but we will see ..... 

And how do you no what numbers could  turn up then without advanced ticket sales ? And if a big crowd was to turn up on the 17th who’s got the job of turning fans away  when capacity is reached ?  Stock cars fans last year was having to buy tickets in advance so really can’t see the problem.

Edited by Haza
  • Like 4