British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

55 minutes ago, Haza said:

And how do you no what numbers could  turn up then without advanced ticket sales ? And if a big crowd was to turn up on the 17th who’s got the job of turning fans away  when capacity is reached ?  Stock cars fans last year was having to buy tickets in advance so really can’t see the problem.

Can't see advance ticketing being a problem,but also can't see buying a ticket on the day being a problem neither.Isn't it 25% of capacity allowed in,which  would be just over 2000 people.When was the last time we had that at Lynn,and quite frankly Ipswich aren't that a bigger draw any more:P:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Can't see advance ticketing being a problem,but also can't see buying a ticket on the day being a problem neither.Isn't it 25% of capacity allowed in,which  would be just over 2000 people.When was the last time we had that at Lynn,and quite frankly Ipswich aren't that a bigger draw any more:P:rolleyes:

Possible way around this mix and match if a 1000 tickets are sold on line the club then no they can sell a 1000 on the night bearing in mind social distancing though this could be a problem around the box office and main entrance- could they open an entrance on the back straight for ticket holders ? Sadly I think attending any event is going to be very very different from what we are used to in the past .

32 minutes ago, Haza said:

Possible way around this mix and match if a 1000 tickets are sold on line the club then no they can sell a 1000 on the night bearing in mind social distancing though this could be a problem around the box office and main entrance- could they open an entrance on the back straight for ticket holders ? Sadly I think attending any event is going to be very very different from what we are used to in the past .

Personally i think some need to be held back to be sold on the night.Many of the crowds at speedway are made up of the older generation and not all of those like to buy things online.This could put those people off going,something speedway doesn't need.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Personally i think some need to be held back to be sold on the night.Many of the crowds at speedway are made up of the older generation and not all of those like to buy things online.This could put those people off going,something speedway doesn't need.

You can bet in this first phase there will be no on-the-door (night) sales. I'm certain BCKLWN and NCC Public Health will not allow for all sorts of reasons, including the club capturing track and trace info and the possibility of crowding at the turnstiles. Yes, it does mean some people who want to go may miss out, unless they can find someone to buy them tickets online.

Kings Lynn appear to be one of several clubs, not to have this year's prices on their website. Getting more curious about the reason for this 

3 hours ago, Haza said:

And how do you no what numbers could  turn up then without advanced ticket sales ? And if a big crowd was to turn up on the 17th who’s got the job of turning fans away  when capacity is reached ?  Stock cars fans last year was having to buy tickets in advance so really can’t see the problem.

I can't see any tickets being available on the day really, it'll surely be tickets in advance and season ticket holders having first chance of tickets, not being funny but who would want to drive x amount of miles to a speedway meeting on the off chance when you get there they still have tickets available to get in, I'd rather have guaranteed admission before i set out on a journey.

57 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

I can't see any tickets being available on the day really, it'll surely be tickets in advance and season ticket holders having first chance of tickets, not being funny but who would want to drive x amount of miles to a speedway meeting on the off chance when you get there they still have tickets available to get in, I'd rather have guaranteed admission before i set out on a journey.

I can easily see the advance tickets being here to stay even in a partial way. Most other clubs that have advertised the entry process say that season ticket holders are guaranteed entry and full quota deducted from available tickets to be purchased in advance. But even beyond May/June why not keep the advance tickets maybe £1 saving or similar? it would speed up the queues getting in as advance tickets could use a separate turnstile to those who wish to purchase on the day.

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Well I'm hoping no test results needed or anything like that. 

My guess that will be least of the problems - I can see problems at the main entrance into stadium with those who have tickets those that don’t (unless all ticket ) the 2 metre rule causing long delay getting into stadium also when in stadium keeping people moving away from the entrance- programmes could be another problem causing a delays - unless it’s a print at home program that might be an option or get your program on entrance through the main gate - food out let’s toilets souvenirs shop all potential problems- fans wanting to chat with fans they’ve not seen since September 2019 - it’s not going to be easy - then heat 15 the rush to the car park . 
there is much to consider for each club and the co- operation of the public . 
The easiest option is wait till June 21st before starting the season when more restrictions should be lifted .  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I can easily see the advance tickets being here to stay even in a partial way. Most other clubs that have advertised the entry process say that season ticket holders are guaranteed entry and full quota deducted from available tickets to be purchased in advance. But even beyond May/June why not keep the advance tickets maybe £1 saving or similar? it would speed up the queues getting in as advance tickets could use a separate turnstile to those who wish to purchase on the day.

Would you want to buy an advance ticket for a match which may be called off?  Not just talking about rain, what about buying an advance ticket for a match, then finding it will not go ahead, because of something on television. Remember Eastbourne calling off a match in 2019, for that reason.

31 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Would you want to buy an advance ticket for a match which may be called off?  Not just talking about rain, what about buying an advance ticket for a match, then finding it will not go ahead, because of something on television. Remember Eastbourne calling off a match in 2019, for that reason.

Has anybody actually said anything yet re season tickets? I suppose like a number of us at Peterborough many let the management hang on to our 2020 money. As yet there has been no mention of season tickets or how much they will be. Do management assume that those that have left their money with the club  will automatically want a season ticket  without knowing the cost or what we are going to get for the money.  It is surely about time the fans were given some sort of clue as to what the bosses are planning

3 hours ago, RS50 said:

What about riders or staff testing positive. Would that lead to a postponement.

5 hours ago, RS50 said:

Buying advance tickets online would have a far simpler refund process than the nonsense that occurs once within the stadium and meeting is abandoned 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 8:29 AM, tellboy said:

As I've said many times before, as you quite rightly say the older generation don't like to buy things on line......plus.........a lot of the older generation don't have computers, mobile phones etc;, I just wish that businesses would realise and accept that.

• Like 1