British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

I can understand the concerns on here but making the event all ticket (however they are sold) and getting people in and out of the stadium safely really shouldn't be difficult in the twenty first century, especially in arenas as vast as Lynn, the EoES and the Foxhole. It’s going to be different for punters but should t be rocket science. 

As for tickets it should be straightforward to sell them online and either print at home or produce an e ticket on a smartphone, or for those who prefer to purchase over the phone and collect on the evening from a specified location at the stadium, or buy them in person prior to the meeting. 

On 4/20/2021 at 6:44 AM, Haza said:

And how do you no what numbers could  turn up then without advanced ticket sales ? And if a big crowd was to turn up on the 17th who’s got the job of turning fans away  when capacity is reached ?  Stock cars fans last year was having to buy tickets in advance so really can’t see the problem.

No problem Haza, never said there was. Will you be buying one?

4 hours ago, Mimmo said:

As I've said many times before, as you quite rightly say the older generation don't like to buy things on line......plus.........a lot of the older generation don't have computers, mobile phones etc;, I just wish that businesses would realise and accept that.

Quite right, I often buy tickets online for older friends/fans ...

15 hours ago, Trees said:

No problem Haza, never said there was. Will you be buying one?

Who can say at this point if I will buy one or not and no one else can either we have no details of tickets buying on the gate or on line and the most importantly we can’t be 100% sure the start date won’t be pushed back - it’s wait and see at the moment . 
Leicester press release- all tickets to be bought on line unless season ticket holder up to mid day of the meeting. 

Edited by Haza

Eastbourne have been selling tickets online for a while now for their opening matches. 

It is clear, there will be no "walk-ups".

As for maximum attendances, the 25% of maximum capacity is one yardstick. Local authorities seem to have a much more complicated and convoluted formula that takes the numbers way down.

You would suspect that Buster probably doesn't yet know exactly how many folk he can let in and that’s probably why no prices or tickets have been released yet.

That’s one to pin up in the dressing room :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I’ve probably missed it but what have admission prices been set at for Saddlebow for this season ?

There will probably be limited tickets for this match according to Allitt.How limited he didn't say.

Below is taken from the Government website:If everything is going according to their easing of the lockdown this should happen from May 17th.

The government will also allow some larger performances and sporting events in indoor venues with a capacity of 1,000 people or half-full (whichever is a lower number), and in outdoor venues with a capacity of 4,000 people or half-full (whichever is a lower number). In the largest outdoor seated venues, where crowds can be spread out, up to 10,000 people will be able to attend (or a quarter-full, whichever is lower).

Tickets will be ‘limited’ but going by that the number of people wanting a ticket is highly unlikely to reach that limit. 

19 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Tickets will be ‘limited’ but going by that the number of people wanting a ticket is highly unlikely to reach that limit. 

Looking at the club Web site it shows admission prices as '2020'. Any chance of updating to '2021' and  consider adding update to follow if appropriate.

It's time to think of the customer:

1) if it's likely to be your highest attended league fixture and crowd number restrictions  could leave disappointed fans then move the fixture.

2) A 50p ticket administration charge is shown for each ticket. This to me is another classic way of pi**ing off the majority of fans who want to turn up and pay on the day, but still have respect and understanding of Covid issues.

It's time to respect you customer. A fan who misses one meeting finds it easier to miss more... especially after this time period of shutdown.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Looking at the club Web site it shows admission prices as '2020'. Any chance of updating to '2021' and  consider adding update to follow if appropriate.

It's time to think of the customer:

1) if it's likely to be your highest attended league fixture and crowd number restrictions  could leave disappointed fans then move the fixture.

2) A 50p ticket administration charge is shown for each ticket. This to me is another classic way of pi**ing off the majority of fans who want to turn up and pay on the day, but still have respect and understanding of Covid issues.

It's time to respect you customer. A fan who misses one meeting finds it easier to miss more... especially after this time period of shutdown.

Crowd restrictions will be in place until at earliest 2022.

Most events that sell online only have admin charges. 

Sounds like an unreasonable moan for moaning sake to me

21 hours ago, tellboy said:

There will probably be limited tickets for this match according to Allitt.How limited he didn't say.

Below is taken from the Government website:If everything is going according to their easing of the lockdown this should happen from May 17th.

The government will also allow some larger performances and sporting events in indoor venues with a capacity of 1,000 people or half-full (whichever is a lower number), and in outdoor venues with a capacity of 4,000 people or half-full (whichever is a lower number). In the largest outdoor seated venues, where crowds can be spread out, up to 10,000 people will be able to attend (or a quarter-full, whichever is lower).

So if this turns out to be the case. The AFA's capacity is around 5,000 i think. We should be fine with 2,500.

25 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

So if this turns out to be the case. The AFA's capacity is around 5,000 i think. We should be fine with 2,500.

Thats the Witches fans sorted but what about the Compost Corner regulars? ;):)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5