British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

On 4/30/2021 at 10:58 PM, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

I sit behind you Mr Taps... but get to stadium at different times. As do most, if not all of our group. Would make sense that we book as a 6.... but will that happen? We tried to do that for doomed British Final but for whatever reason it didn't work. Are kids tickets included ?  

Are we going to get a group of tickets? Me you taps pob and two others? 

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Wonder if the booking fee (presumably there will be one ) will be per booking as your hopefully booking as a group or per ticket ? And guessing no more than 6 in the group ? Rule of 6 ? 

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

sounds like a plan...... 1 other though, Mini Hut will need one B)

2nd bend beerhut that brings back memories! Me and my mates used to get our cans of Carlsberg from there back in the day when we were about 15 :D

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

2nd bend beerhut that brings back memories! Me and my mates used to get our cans of Carlsberg from there back in the day when we were about 15 :D

Before the stands were built thats where i used to stand. 

Must have liked warm beer.... but if you 15 then any beer would do i suppose! :drink:

Then there was the "food outlet" that had 2 queues, one for chips and the other for "potatoes" . I remember the times when the chips queue was huge but the other was empty, so used to go to the potato queue and ask for chips, after all what are chips made from ? :rofl: 

• Haha 4

Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee Donkey. £20 to get into Saddlebow for Speedway.   The World’s gone mad.

I wonder how long it will be before the ‘use it or lose it’ cry will go out.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, semion said:

Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee Donkey. £20 to get into Saddlebow for Speedway.   The World’s gone mad.

Where have you seen that?

Was responding to others suggestion of £20 with or without a booking fee.

Maybe it’s an age thing.  20 notes maybe doesn’t sound that much to the younger Speedway followers.  For me being older old git 20 quid just for admission seems rather expensive. It makes a trip to Saddlebow costing excess of £50 for me.

Dont know how much it is to watch 22 fairies run up and down a field for 90 plus minutes but i would rather see 16 men risking life and limb every time

You pays ya money and takes your choice.  Your money, your choice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, semion said:

Financial suicide if it is £20 absolute madness- we shall have to see when it’s  officially announced . 
But to expect fans to pay more for a much weaker product doesn’t make much sense to me. 

• Confused 1

I reckon same as last season, with maybe a 50p booking fee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haza said:

Financial suicide if it is £20 absolute madness- we shall have to see when it’s  officially announced . 
But to expect fans to pay more for a much weaker product doesn’t make much sense to me. 

Speedway has been trying to commit suicide for years maybe this year they will succeed

2 hours ago, Haza said:

It's £20 don't know whether there is a booking fee or not though.

Must be 18 quid for the speedway, and 2 quid for the in between race and half time entertainment