British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It won’t be sitting at home though, it’ll be finding something else to do which feels like value for the money paid to do it! 

so just interested what do you think is a fair price to watch speedway? I don't like the fact that prices are going up but they are going up with everything we buy now. just look at petrol prices. Unfortunately  it's the world we live in and the reasons for that are not for a speedway forum lol

Just now, stu219 said:

so just interested what do you think is a fair price to watch speedway? I don't like the fact that prices are going up but they are going up with everything we buy now. just look at petrol prices. Unfortunately  it's the world we live in and the reasons for that are not for a speedway forum lol

I’d agree with whoever said fifteen quid for the standard on offer in 2021 (Haza I think) I’d go every week I possibly could at that price. As I said earlier if it was retained at £18 I’d go occasionally but at twenty I will go two or three times I suspect at the most.

My other half is a Manchester lass and if we lived up there instead of down here I’d go to Belle Vue every week at £20, it’s that good. The only place I would though! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stu219 said:

I know the cost of admission is an issue for some and I fully understand it but as with everything in life if you feel its not value for money save your pennies and sit at home. 

Thats exactly what the speedway fans of the past 10-20 years did and here we are in the present day when the value for money and entertainment issues haven't been adressed in anyway to tempt back paying customers ,  now its looking like the whole thing is still dying a big death even further  the only thing they can think of again is to raise the admission and so the cycle continues with even more people prepared to sit at home .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’d agree with whoever said fifteen quid for the standard on offer in 2021 (Haza I think) I’d go every week I possibly could at that price. As I said earlier if it was retained at £18 I’d go occasionally but at twenty I will go two or three times I suspect at the most.

My other half is a Manchester lass and if we lived up there instead of down here I’d go to Belle Vue every week at £20, it’s that good. The only place I would though! 

That's fair enough. I must admit I stopped going to watch Ipswich Town Football club years ago as it was then £32  for a match day ticket and the entertainment level was appalling.  I hate to think what football costs to watch now. So it's all about what people think is a fair price for what is offered. 

I go to Foxhall every meeting not just for the speedway but also the company and social interaction with mates which makes it a good evening out and breaks up the working week .

• Like 1

It's not really the fact it's gone up but that it was overpriced to start with. I'd agree on £15. I wonder if Lambert's wages are being paid to his replacement. Remember Nicki Pedersen saying something along these lines when the top riders started to disappear  

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

Thats exactly what the speedway fans of the past 10-20 years did and here we are in the present day when the value for money and entertainment issues haven't been adressed in anyway to tempt back paying customers ,  now its looking like the whole thing is still dying a big death even further  the only thing they can think of again is to raise the admission and so the cycle continues with even more people prepared to sit at home .

its the same with nearly all entertainment now though?. Not saying its the right way for entertainment businesses to go but for sure that's how they all operate.  

I would not want to be in their position for sure

1 hour ago, stu219 said:

not sure how £20 admission means the sport is a disgrace!. If you run any sort of business like I do you would know that costs are going through the roof. An example of my business  is that imported furniture trade prices have gone up 30% since January. why would speedway costs not have gone up along with everything else and unlike my business speedway teams have had very little government help. Just wait until early next year when inflation will be running at very high levels..

I for one can not wait for the season to start again but if you don't want to pay £20 quid, simple don't go. 

fed up with all the negatives  on here. 

Looking forward to my annual trip to King's Lynn on Monday. Hopefully a good crowd to watch the witches take the 1st win of the season

Absolutely agree.Pretty much everything has gone up in price.Bloody hell i only use to pay £6 for a haircut now it's £8 increase 33%.My Labrador cost me £650 3 years ago,a friend has just got one for £3,000.My garlic bread from F&b's has gone up 50p from 2 weeks ago and increase of 14%.Goods from the supermarkets has gone up,petrol is going back to where it was before,building materials up 30%.So yes whilst the league is slightly weaker the costs would have still gone up.Ultimately the customer pays in the end,but they have a choice.Bloody hell almost forgot got 2 bunches of asparagus from the local farm shop Sunday £7-50 no wonder they didn't have a price on it.The thing that mostly inflates prices is the cost oil/petrol/transport.King's Lynn have now raised their prices by £2 in 6 years that isn't bad at all compared to many other things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bruno said:

It's not really the fact it's gone up but that it was overpriced to start with. I'd agree on £15. I wonder if Lambert's wages are being paid to his replacement. Remember Nicki Pedersen saying something along these lines when the top riders started to disappear  

It may or not be overpriced but what are we comparing  it to? a pub meal and a pint is 15 quid  but watching  Ipswich football club( before lockdown) was over £30 . 

At the end of the day it's all about what we all feel is value for money.

I guess time will tell on what crowd levels will be this year hey?

• Like 1

Hmmmm £20 is quite a bit of money but I don't smoke, I do drink a little but £3-8 a week doesn't break the bank, I don't have my nails done, don't have eyelashes or hair dyed, I don't buy loads of jewellery, clothes or watches, we don't eat loads of takeaways, we're DIYers, I'll go for it.  I do want the racing to be good, I really do, I want to wow over the racing, that'll be enough for me, I'm hoping that a slicker AFA will mean all riders will feel confident to try all lines ........ and for the first meeting I just want our Stars to put those Witches in their place .....

Edited by Trees

9 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Absolutely spot on 

14 minutes ago, bruno said:

Fair call...

if the current crop of riders per team are getting the same money as previous teams which included GP riders then that would be ridiculous..

It will cost me and my student lad £37 to stand and watch the Aces if we go along this year...

If we could get in for say £25 then there would be several more visits than there would be at £37, giving the Aces more money overall...

Surprised they have gone for increases considering the team levels and TV money...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trees said:

Hmmmm £20 is quite a bit of money but I don't smoke, I don't have my nails done, don't have eyelashes or hair dyed, I don't buy loads of jewellery, clothes or watches, we don't eat loads of takeaways, we're DIYers, I'll go for it.  I do want the racing to be good, I really do, I want to wow over the racing, that'll be enough for me, I'm hoping that a slicker AFA will mean all riders will feel confident to try all lines ........ and for the first meeting I just want our Stars to put those Witches in their place .....

agree an all the above apart from the last line lol. 

be great to get in a stadium again for a night out and what ever the result let's hope we all have a great evening !

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Fair call...

if the current crop of riders per team are getting the same money as previous teams which included GP riders then that would be ridiculous..

Why?I bet the cost to riders for their equipment,fuel and everything needed to race has gone up in the last 18 months(like everything else) so inevitably the cost per team would probably stay the same or be even more.

Anyone for F1 at £300 a pop:rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Why?I bet the cost to riders for their equipment,fuel and everything needed to race has gone up in the last 18 months(like everything else) so inevitably the cost per team would probably stay the same or be even more.

Anyone for F1 at £300 a pop:rolleyes:

Absolutely spot on but if costs are out of control something needs to be done because increasing admission isn't working. I've no idea the answer but we can all see the way it's going

• Like 1