British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

3 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Can’t get on either kings Lynn or Ipswich atm.  20 months to sort this out.  Absolutely hopeless

Same Here

With the high interest for online tickets how long will it take for a fake scammers website to appear .

Please remember we are only fans and we will be told when bosses feel it appropriate

• Like 2

People have been shut away forever and just want to get on with life.

Just get the tickets on sale. As you say hopeless 

With Lynn admission at £20 and P’Boro under the same umbrella will their admission be £20 or will the supporters there have to pay more as there is rent on the stadium to pay ?

There has to be a good reason for not having the tix on sale cos they would 100% have them on sale if at all possible!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Trees said:

There has to be a good reason for not having the tix on sale cos they would 100% have them on sale if at all possible!

I get that , why then do they not let us into the secret.

• Like 2

Just read thro this thread and two things come to mind.

1. Nothing has changed regarding managements attitude to the fans.

2. I’m so pleased I gave up on it a few years back having spent the money on short breaks instead, with a company who know how to appreciate and treat their customers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Trees said:

So put out a tweet/PR at 0900 saying why. It would take no longer than you or I putting a post on here. I refer you to my post above regarding attitude

• Thanks 1

We all know probs happen, what gets me is that they keep it all to themselves

It would be so easy to let everyone know via social media and websites why there is a delay, to apologise for it and give us an indication of when tickets can be bought if possible. So quick to do. You’d think with the few loyal customers it has left that British Speedway would treat them as well as it possibly can! 

• Like 2

All the negatives you people are saying......lets support the club......

£20 whats the problem   .

• Like 1

It was only known a few days ago that racing would be allowed on the 17th May and also what he restriction would be Would have been a waste of time trying to quess

12 hours ago, stu219 said:

And just a side note. If the  admission is £20 remember 20% of that goes to good old Richie sunak as VAT ,so actually  the money the promoters get is less than £17. A side  point I know but please people don't think  the promoters are getting the full £20 in their pockets

Read all the comments following my disbelief at admission costs. 

What seems to be missed here is the price rises are counterintuitive. We all understand costs go up for variable reasons. 

With speedway they have a sport when run correctly they should be looking to bring the prices DOWN. With the consistency of fans walking away (and oldies dying) price rises tend to correlate with this rather than costs. 

British Speedway knows it's on it ass & there seems to be clear evidence that all that's happening is as fans walk away, prices go up, which will continue until the day comes all tracks doors are closed. 

There no evidence of promoter's trying to grow the sport, marketing the product etc. 

Also, evidence of it's huge down turn is TV. When Sky Sports took it there was a massive opportunity to lift the sport but it wasn't taken so Sky didn't want it anymore. Then it went to BT who no longer wants it so now at the bottom rung of Eurosport. The sport is even dying on live TV. 

I used to be a huge defender of Speedway (especially King's Lynn) but it's very true what people say. Speedway is like any bad habit, once you break it you don't find the need to ever return. 

There's no 'hook' like there was from 20-30 years ago.