British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

Do season ticket holders have to book an area online they want to be in ,or has it been pre approved for the area they require

Got mine. Not Easy!! No instructions as to how to pay for  or access Grandstand. Bought two tickets both exactly the same  could print them all again and have as many as I want both got same order number. Foresee problems

14 minutes ago, therefused said:

I am on the site and it says sold out already? Is anyone else seeing that?

Not a surprise if the capacity is only a few hundred

15 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Can't see where you are coming from, booked my tickets, very straight forward, so why are you saying website shocking?

Take a look at 12, tickets say sold out. I go back to the homepage, and then back to the ticket, sold out. I then refresh and two are available, i try and add them to my basket and it says sold out yet again. I refresh again, add two to my basket, checkout, receieve the email and somehow it is tickets for the belle vue meeting in june. I then go back to ipswich and it is sold out, i keep refreshing until i can order and finally it works. 

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Funny how some think the more popular an item becomes the cheaper is should be.

Try telling that to Bill Gates. Must have paid for the development of Microsoft Office many times over yet still sells the full suite at £300 plus.   And what about Dyson with his vacuum cleaners. Who would have thought that today you could pay over £600 for a vacuum cleaner. Dyson is a self made millionaire, not reduced his pricing though.  ManUtd/City/Chelsea/Arsenal etc, all very successful clubs, how much do they charge to see a live match?

If speedway was to promote itself properly in line with modern day practices and picked up....that will take a massive investment, and the success of speedway would mean prices would go UP.....not down.  In a few years time the norm could be £30 not £20.  

Of course, the progression needed would have to come from "out of the box" thinking.....plus a LOT of investment, not just in one club, but in the whole system....... speedway would need a Bernie Ecclestone or a Barry Hearn. There isnt many of that class about, and I reckon if there is then  speedway is not a target they want be involved in. 

The items you reference however are the market leaders and have continual development and improvement placed into them to ensure their place in the market and the more premium price tags. At what stage can Speedway claim to have followed that? The premium feel has very much been lost, if it was pitched and viewed as a more rough and ready sport with rough and ready prices i feel more would be willing to over look its many flaws.

• Like 1

Just looked and all still seem available!!  What concerns me is that tickets are not numbered so you could print off as many as you wanted. Hopefully the code on  will provide the answer. Presumably cash for Grandstand.

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Take a look at 12, tickets say sold out. I go back to the homepage, and then back to the ticket, sold out. I then refresh and two are available, i try and add them to my basket and it says sold out yet again. I refresh again, add two to my basket, checkout, receieve the email and somehow it is tickets for the belle vue meeting in june. I then go back to ipswich and it is sold out, i keep refreshing until i can order and finally it works. 

•  

No wonder it says sold out..

You have ordered them all...:D

Let's hope they dont take twenty grand off your card...:D

Edit.

On the plus side you will be able to stand or sit where you want with no social distancing issues..;)

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

The items you reference however are the market leaders and have continual development and improvement placed into them to ensure their place in the market and the more premium price tags. At what stage can Speedway claim to have followed that? The premium feel has very much been lost, if it was pitched and viewed as a more rough and ready sport with rough and ready prices i feel more would be willing to over look its many flaws.

I was simply replying to someone saying the more popular speedway gets the cheaper it should be able to access.  I don’t think it works like that.

3 hours ago, Pob said:

Na , its just the draw of seeing the Mighty Witches !!!:party:

While tongue in cheek I think there is an element of truth. There will be many Stars fans wanting to see Crump race for what could be the last time in the UK. 

Tried to order mine.  Just Eat have  delivered a Chinese takeaway :D

Edited by semion
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

My thoughts will  be focused on Play Off Semi   Bournemouth v BRENTFORD.  And on my late brother who died in August in Thailand, 17th May would have been his Birthday

so ordered tickets  for Ipswich v Belle Vue next week. tickets came through within minutes.

Did the same with 2 tickets for Kings Lynn v Ipswich on Monday. Got the ref number but no email in return with the 2 tickets. Anyone else having the same problem? Odd as they both using the same ticketing system I assume?

3 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Just looked and all still seem available!!  What concerns me is that tickets are not numbered so you could print off as many as you wanted. Hopefully the code on  will provide the answer. Presumably cash for Grandstand.

I'm told it's £2 to sit in the grandstand, but that hasn't come from an official source. 

Not seen any information about bars at the stadium. Will KL be providing table service (as I understand it the only indoor option) or will the stadium be “dry”:o

43 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I'm told it's £2 to sit in the grandstand, but that hasn't come from an official source. 

It’s on the website.  As is the £3 for a programme.  I guess both can be purchased using cash