British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

It seems getting a ticket for next Monday’s meeting has been a typical Kings Lynn Speedway balls up. Places like Glastonbury sell tens of thousands of tickets without problems, yet Lynn can’t sell 1500 without problems. I seem to have spent 80 pounds on 2 tickets for next week and 2 for the Belle Vue meeting in June. What happened to the 2 home meetings in between I haven’t got a clue.

With only 1500 tickets ( less riders, mechs staff etc) must be close to a sell out by now.

51 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Not seen any information about bars at the stadium. Will KL be providing table service (as I understand it the only indoor option) or will the stadium be “dry”:o

Surely it makes sense for people to bring their own food and drink in ?  Would help offset the admission increase 

Edited by semion
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

My thoughts will  be focused on Play Off Semi   Bournemouth v BRENTFORD.  And on my late brother who died in August in Thailand, 17th May would have been his Birthday

Not being funny,but why order 2 tickets for the meeting if your thoughts are elsewhere.Sorry to hear about your brother by the way.

4 minutes ago, semion said:

With only 1500 tickets ( less riders, mechs staff etc) must be close to a sell out by now.

Says only a 1000,not 1500

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Not being funny,but why order 2 tickets for the meeting if your thoughts are elsewhere.Sorry to hear about your brother by the way.

In fairness Ivan Toney would be better coming to Carrot Road if he has Premier League ambitions 

Can't understand why we have to wear face coverings,that's what it seems to insinuate.Understand if you go inside to get food or a drink to take away.

11 minutes ago, semion said:

Surely it makes sense for people to bring their own food and drink in ?  Would help offset the admission increase 

Unless things have changed that’s not allowed. Big notices to that effect last time I went.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Says only a 1000,not 1500

Dale said on Twitter that the reduced capacity was 1,500. Wondering if they are only putting 1,000 online and leaving 500 for walk ups on the day?

Edited by Speedball

14 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Unless things have changed that’s not allowed. Big notices to that effect last time I went.

About to say the same, it's still the case

24 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Dale said on Twitter that the reduced capacity was 1,500. Wondering if they are only putting 1,000 online and leaving 500 for walk ups on the day?

Maybe so,but below is what is on the ticket online page.Mind you it says that on all the fixtures.

Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our maximum capacity at the Adrian Flux Arena is 1000. 

Edited by tellboy

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

Not seen any information about bars at the stadium. Will KL be providing table service (as I understand it the only indoor option) or will the stadium be “dry”:o

Probably have to be takeaway only,ie soft drinks etc from the food outlets.Then again there is takeaway that sells beer there too,are we allowed a takeaway beer.Must admit can't keep up with all the rules anymore especially the way some seem to contradict others.

Edited by tellboy

6 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Got mine. Not Easy!! No instructions as to how to pay for  or access Grandstand. Bought two tickets both exactly the same  could print them all again and have as many as I want both got same order number. Foresee problems

Maybe the same order number but that barcode sqiggly looking box will be different.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

A higher authority in force!!!

• Haha 1

Surely we don't have to print the tickets out if we have them downloaded to our phones do we?It says about printing them.I want to save the planet,anyway i should think my ink has dried out now i haven't used the printer in so long.