British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

From what I have heard their is some slack being given this year as travelling in and out of the country will undoubtedly cause problems for most teams at some points.

I just hope that this slack is applied fairly to everyone and no one is allowed to take advantage.

Poole are in the Championship now:rolleyes:

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Well that’s decided it for me, R/R a guest and a showery forecast means the chances of getting VFM for my twenty quid are a lot smaller. 

Cynical me also wonders why this was announced the day after tickets went on sale......

VFM could be better now.Klindt the gater can now be replaced with Crump,King,Heeps and Allen.You would get more VFM watching Allen in one race than you would watching Klindt in 4.Can't comment on Stewart as i have never seen him race.

That is cynical Bagpuss,they normally announce these things on the parade:D

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, tellboy said:

VFM could be better now.Klindt the gater can now be replaced with Crump,King,Heeps and Allen.You would get more VFM watching Allen in one race than you would watching Klindt in 4.Can't comment on Stewart as i have never seen him race.

That is cynical Bagpuss,they normally announce these things on the parade:D

Allen isn't there Monday 

12 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Allen isn't there Monday 

Oh didn't realise that,ok i will swap Allen for Heeps and say you would get more VFM watching  Heeps in 1 race than you would Klindt in 4:unsure::rolleyes::D

If i thought properly about it Ipswich wouldn't be allowed to get away with Allen replacing Klindt and also using R/R for him would they:blink:

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Why should there be any slack.... the same for everyone. If a rider is missing then tough.  NL guest.  That goes for Monday's meeting.  Should be 2 NL guests for Ipswich as neither of the missing riders have ridden for the club. 

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Correct,,, then no one can say this team had this and another team had something different 

29 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Oh didn't realise that,ok i will swap Allen for Heeps and say you would get more VFM watching  Heeps in 1 race than you would Klindt in 4:unsure::rolleyes::D

If i thought properly about it Ipswich wouldn't be allowed to get away with Allen replacing Klindt and also using R/R for him would they:blink:

Looks like we are - plus a guest for Stewart who has not yet received the required visa clearance too

Agree with you Beerhut and Baldy that it shouldn't be the case. 2 x NL guests should be the ruling even when it hurts my team

And people pay 20 quid for this.:D

There was Hawkeye targeting taking all the points.   Shame he didn’t devote more attention to putting 7 riders out.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

I've changed my mind on British Speedway trying marketing itself. Not a wheel turned & it continues to embarrass itself. 

The best thing that could have been done this season is not employ any rider's committed to international racing. 

A few rider injuries & it's going to be super embarrassing 

• Like 1

Sorry am I reading this correctly I've just paid £20 to travel from Essex to Kings Lynn to watch my team with 2 NL guests & nobody knew

yesterday before the tickets went on sale !!!! and the penny slowly drops

Quite a few bad injuries to riders in Denmark last night , best wishes and a speedy recovery to all the riders involved :cry:

• Like 3

Nothing changes it seems in British Speedway.......... same old same old ......... the only thing that changes is the cost of admission and programme. 

Remarkable that the "premiership"  still lumbers on with the appallingly low standard of racers now being paraded ....... guess it just allows the promoters to charge higher admission fees compared to the championship. 

No idea why  it now costs more to stage 15 heats in the premiership than the championship ........

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rob B said:

Just wait for R/R for Riss too.

Yeah you won't hear about that till you get to stadium,as usual.

36 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Nothing changes it seems in British Speedway.......... same old same old ......... the only thing that changes is the cost of admission and programme. 

Remarkable that the "premiership"  still lumbers on with the appallingly low standard of racers now being paraded ....... guess it just allows the promoters to charge higher admission fees compared to the championship. 

No idea why  it now costs more to stage 15 heats in the premiership than the championship ........

...because Prem riders are on higher pay rates!!  Simples.

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

...because Prem riders are on higher pay rates!!  Simples.

And are obviously of a higher standard.. 

(Than themselves in the Championship)...:D

• Like 1