British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

On 5/13/2021 at 6:59 PM, Skidder1 said:

...because Prem riders are on higher pay rates!!  Simples.

But most of the premiership riders are championship riders, there just using the premiership badge, so they can charge more.

8 minutes ago, Warriors said:

But most of the premiership riders are championship riders, there just using the premiership badge, so they can charge more.

There are still 5/6/7 riders that are of a higher calibre.So in theory,and it usually does happen that a rider will average less for their Premier team than their Championship team.So they would need a higher pay scale for the Prem just to get what they would in the Championship.

On 5/11/2021 at 10:16 PM, semion said:

For me if it was entertaining I’d pay £20 plus.   On the flip side the way Speedway is at the moment if it was run in my back garden I’d drawer the curtains.  In other words you couldn’t make it cheap enough.

As someone who started watching when the Lynn team consisted of Betts, Simmons, Cole, Crump, Crowson,Humphreys  ( who was the other one ?). I would never have missed a Saturday night.  Including all the fill in meetings.   
oh to feel that way again

How could you forget Ian Turner?

6 hours ago, Potman said:

How could you forget Ian Turner?

I had the feeling my first trip was pre Tiddler.  I was wondering if it could have been Featherby ? I’m not sure that Crump rode every meeting either

Edited by semion

No allen or Stewart for first meeting would suggest work permit/visa delays or problems it that's the case surely ben barker could be an option?

1 hour ago, lewy said:

No allen or Stewart for first meeting would suggest work permit/visa delays or problems it that's the case surely ben barker could be an option?

Oystercard already confirmed 

24 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Oystercard already confirmed 

Taps do you know why allen and Stewart are not riding?

17 minutes ago, lewy said:

Cause they're s#!+

36 minutes ago, lewy said:

Isolating ?  I can't see it being Visa or Work Permit issues as surely with our Country's strict and scrupulous immigration policy, especially since the advent of Covid-19 they wouldn't be in the country

Edited by Triple.H.
Predictive text did me again

37 minutes ago, lewy said:

Allen was declared late so probably hasn’t yet got clearance to work in the UK ,  Stewart hasn’t had clearance to ride in the Premiership as it requires a change in visa and the paperwork hasn’t come thorough yet.

As for the idiotic comment previously ( Smith ) I assume the author has mental issues.

Edited by Ringitsneck

1 minute ago, Ringitsneck said:

Allen was declared late so probably hasn’t yet got clearance to work in the UK ,  Stewart hasn’t had clearance to ride in the Premiership as it requires a change in visa and the paperwork hasn’t come thorough yet.

As for the idiotic comment previously ( Smith ) I assume the author has mental issues.

Thanks for a sensible answer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Yes :D

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Isolating ?  I can't see it being Visa or Work Permit issues as surely with our Country's strict and scrupulous immigration policy, especially since the advent of Covid-19 they wouldn't be in the country

Spot on

1 hour ago, Ringitsneck said:

Allowances have to be made for the strange folk from Kings Lynn

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Thanks for a sensible answer.

Sorted before I got there :t:

• Like 1