British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

I don’t think it’s a speedway problem. I’m currently on holiday at a British leisure park (quite an upmarket one) They have gone above and beyond with all the guidelines and protocols but last night there were loads of people breaking the rules despite the staff politely asking them not to. Sadly 100%of those doing so we’re of pension age. I really feel for younger people who have been locked down to protect them and then have to watch the oldies flout the guidelines.

Rant over

Lol breaking the rules isn't just for the young,  just because they are now pensioners, they were young once:lol: might have been mods and rockers back in the day :P

Peter Schroeck might be content with the Stars performance last night, but I am not. Losing at home isn’t acceptable to anyone. If teams want to win anything they must start by winning home meetings, any away points are a bonus. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Badge said:

Lol breaking the rules isn't just for the young,  just because they are now pensioners, they were young once:lol: might have been mods and rockers back in the day :P

Yeah! A Norfolk Rocker and we saw off those namby pamby mods at Yarmouth, that's for sure! I remember the enormous great cheer as a scooter was thrown into the sea, best place for it - some say.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

You often see the oldies flout the rules,they should be setting the example.

so did you? :D

Schroeck used to come out with the same nonsense when he was TM at Rye House. Awful TM who is afraid to take reserves out of rides and completely miss T/S opportunities.

• Like 6

As a neutral I enjoyed the match and thought the track staff did a wonderful job.

I did think there were lots of people there and on the busy back straight there was only limited enforcement of face masks that was worrying.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OldHawk said:

As a neutral I enjoyed the match and thought the track staff did a wonderful job.

I did think there were lots of people there and on the busy back straight there was only limited enforcement of face masks that was worrying.

Inside or outside? As outside shouldn’t be compulsory anyway, completely ridiculous. 

I don’t take too much notice of Schroek’s comments, the press stuff before the meeting was codswallop from both camps and what he said after sounds the same. 

As for losing at home, yes it’s annoying but it was the first meeting after 18 months off for many riders and it rained....not ideal but it was only four points. It makes the next meeting a must win of course but I wouldn’t be too critical of anyone for last night. 

33 minutes ago, stevehone said:

so did you? :D

Yes Steve i set a good example:t:Mind you wearing a face mask that long give me a sore throat:(

Bit of honesty from Cook 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Cheese said:

No surprise to see Rowe start well, I've said it before but it's impressive how every time he steps up a level he makes it look easy. Not by hitting big eye-catching scores every week but just quietly going about his business even when on paper you might say it's possibly too early for him. 

His NL average wasn't great when he signed for Somerset in the Championship but he did well enough to move up to number 2 within a few months. Pretty much everyone expected him to struggle there but a couple of meetings in he was beating Craig Cook in Heat 1 and finished that season with an excellent debut for GB in the test match against Denmark. Seemed to make a steady start to his Polish career last year too. 

For some reason he doesn't get talked about as often as others in his age group but maybe going under the radar slightly without the hype is a good thing. 

Thank you for your kind words regarding Anders, I am so pleased to be helping him out with a couple of new engines this year. 

He and his dad Del are working tirelessly to move forward, I honestly believe he will be in the Ewinner league in Poland next year.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep I’d probably agree with that. Bridger will get better the more meetings he rides and while some will question whether Proctor has it in him to get going he needs more than one meeting. 

Essentially tonight Lynn could have won but for Cook and Riss starting slowly and Rowe having an absolute wordie.

Shoulda woulda coulda of course but its not all doom and gloom. 

Good job didn't have Allen in then, it would have been more.

9 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

You can never be content with a home defeat and Lynn fans will never in a million years will be content with losing at home to Ipswich. 

Manager has not connected with the fans on this one.

Crowd a sell-out 1,590 (press report)

Championship team but premier prises.

• Like 1

Well done Anders, from Royal Wootton Bassett. Chatted to him at the Swindon Dinner Dance, October 2019, a nice, quiet, unassuming lad.

5 hours ago, OldHawk said:

to be fair mask wearing outside is pointless  and not required by law. It seems local councils have been given powers to make their own rules up which is never a good idea as most of them are totally clueless and that comes from dealing with my local council lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stu219 said:

to be fair mask wearing outside is pointless  and not required by law. It seems local councils have been given powers to make their own rules up which is never a good idea as most of them are totally clueless and that comes from dealing with my local council lol

I think it was last year when the government was using tiers in “hotspots”, and local councils were saying they were closer to the ground and wanted a say on tiers using local knowledge. Now, as stadiums are opening up it’s the council, not the government, that know more about the stadium. Example, the government may say stadium may open to max 50% of total capacity, but it’s the council they will/should know that only, say, a third  of the stadium is normally open to spectators. Overcrowding, lack of social distancing, could be the result. The council has a responsibility to look after the safety of the public.

and as I understand it is a requirement a mask is worn (unless exempt) when entering and exiting a stadium.