British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

6 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I think it was last year when the government was using tiers in “hotspots”, and local councils were saying they were closer to the ground and wanted a say on tiers using local knowledge. Now, as stadiums are opening up it’s the council, not the government, that know more about the stadium. Example, the government may say stadium may open to max 50% of total capacity, but it’s the council they will/should know that only, say, a third  of the stadium is normally open to spectators. Overcrowding, lack of social distancing, could be the result. The council has a responsibility to look after the safety of the public.

and as I understand it is a requirement a mask is worn (unless exempt) when entering and exiting a stadium.

That could well be correct  but heaven help us if we have to take orders from local councillors.  Here in Felixstowe they must be the most incompetent  bunch of fools that ever lived lol

1 hour ago, Warriors said:

Good job didn't have Allen in then, it would have been more.

You think he’d have bettered the paid nine from R/R? Not sure myself. 

6 hours ago, Chris said:

Schroeck used to come out with the same nonsense when he was TM at Rye House. Awful TM who is afraid to take reserves out of rides and completely miss T/S opportunities.

It was an important meeting but the first meeting of the season surely riders need the track time this result is not terminal is it.?

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

Well done Anders, from Royal Wootton Bassett. Chatted to him at the Swindon Dinner Dance, October 2019, a nice, quiet, unassuming lad.

Chuffed to bits Doris i have always rated Anders and a guy  who has been on the gate at Swindon Ray longterm has always supported him rated him.Exciting times  Anders will have a good career at speedway what level we will see can't wait to find out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stu219 said:

to be fair mask wearing outside is pointless  and not required by law. It seems local councils have been given powers to make their own rules up which is never a good idea as most of them are totally clueless and that comes from dealing with my local council lol

It's sensible for crazy, shouty, spitting speedway fans imo ......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Trees said:

Thought Kelvin and Nige were at Belle Vue... :rofl:

• Like 1

One more match like that aand we wiill likely hear Bridger say "That's it I can't make a living doing this". Should they be paying him a £3 - £5k guarantee  per match?

• Confused 2

47 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

One more match like that aand we wiill likely hear Bridger say "That's it I can't make a living doing this". Should they be paying him a £3 - £5k guarantee  per match?

Bridger rode better than his score suggests

• Like 2

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

hes had one meeting jesus .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Wonderful contribution, well done.

• Sad 1

On 5/18/2021 at 12:40 PM, mrss said:

Peter Schroeck might be content with the Stars performance last night, but I am not. Losing at home isn’t acceptable to anyone. If teams want to win anything they must start by winning home meetings, any away points are a bonus. 

Did he also say the fact that Ipswich didn't get all 4 points, that it felt like a win.:oops:

18 hours ago, Trees said:

Imagine living in a time when billions of people actually believed that wearing a piece of cloth over their face would protect them from inhaling a virus which is orders of magnitude smaller than the pores in the cloth...:)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

What are the reasons for R/R for riders like Ellis and Klindt .

special dispensation :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Warriors said:

Did he also say the fact that Ipswich didn't get all 4 points, that it felt like a win.:oops:

Yes he did say that. Ipswich have 3 league points, Kings Lynn have 0. How the hell can that feel like a win?

• Like 1