Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

5 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Genuine question, how often do you attend Speedway ???

Not at all after 2018 after doing 20+ years home & away. What's your point?? 

Question still stand, tell us what's good about British Speedway?? 

29 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

What is good about British Speedway,  in the last 5 years we have one of the best tracks Belle Vue in the World.

Team GB looking better than it has for a long time,.

The hard work in the last few years that Allen Stead & Vatcher have put in

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Having a local team to support, the racing, the online banter, watching it on tv, different clubs to go support your team at, british final of all ages, watching local guys come good, the long term friends and acquaintances within the sport, simply love the press conference after the meetings, local derbies, loving hating Poole lol etc etc

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

How about you tell us what's good about British Speedway?? 

What’s good about British Speedway? 
Having a team to support. Having a night out for 20 quid. Watching the young riders develop into decent riders. The British youth meeting at Lynn last year was worth the admission money. And most of all from my point of view, watching the Stars beat Ipswich Witches.

• Like 1

Just seen the new Government relaxation of fans into sports stadiums on May 17th.So as i would understand it Lynn has a capacity of 8000 i think which is a small outdoor stadium(i assume).We would be allowed 50% of capacity or 4000 whichever is the lower,so 4000 on both counts for that then.This would be plenty for speedway at Lynn anyway.What i don't understand with the Government is for big stadiums you are allowed less people on percentages.So why would you allow more people bunched in at speedway than you would at say a football match.

2 hours ago, mrss said:

Having a team to support. Having a night out for 20 quid. Watching the young riders develop into decent riders. The British youth meeting at Lynn last year was worth the admission money. And most of all from my point of view, watching the Stars beat Ipswich Witches.

That's about as frequent as a jackpot lottery win...;)

5 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

That's about as frequent as a jackpot lottery win...;)

That must be won at least once a month isn't it.

Just now, tellboy said:

That must be won at least once a month isn't it.

Not by the same person...:D

5 hours ago, sommelier said:

What is good about British Speedway,  in the last 5 years we have one of the best tracks Belle Vue in the World.

Team GB looking better than it has for a long time,.

The hard work in the last few years that Allen Stead & Vatcher have put in

What in all that has anything to do with British Speedway league racing for the majority of UK fans?? 

4 hours ago, Trees said:

Having a local team to support, the racing, the online banter, watching it on tv, different clubs to go support your team at, british final of all ages, watching local guys come good, the long term friends and acquaintances within the sport, simply love the press conference after the meetings, local derbies, loving hating Poole lol etc etc

The racing, at King's Lynn :lol:

2 hours ago, mrss said:

From these 3 comments pretty much proves my point. You certainly couldn't sell the sport to a newbie or an oldie with those comments. It absolutely proves the death of the sport that you had to say any old nonsense just to say something. 

British Speedway needs a hell of a lot of work to bring people in, right now it's dead. Facts

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

What in all that has anything to do with British Speedway league racing for the majority of UK fans?? 

The racing, at King's Lynn :lol:

From these 3 comments pretty much proves my point. You certainly couldn't sell the sport to a newbie or an oldie with those comments. It absolutely proves the death of the sport that you had to say any old nonsense just to say something. 

British Speedway needs a hell of a lot of work to bring people in, right now it's dead. Facts

Like i said, Belle Vue Stadium & track one of the best in the world. OPEN your EYES

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Like i said, Belle Vue Stadium & track one of the best in the world. OPEN your EYES

Can’t disagree with that if only other tracks was as good .

42 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Not by the same person...:D

But you didn't say that:wink::D.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Just seen the new Government relaxation of fans into sports stadiums on May 17th.So as i would understand it Lynn has a capacity of 8000 i think which is a small outdoor stadium(i assume).We would be allowed 50% of capacity or 4000 whichever is the lower,so 4000 on both counts for that then.This would be plenty for speedway at Lynn anyway.What i don't understand with the Government is for big stadiums you are allowed less people on percentages.So why would you allow more people bunched in at speedway than you would at say a football match.

This is probably where the local councils take over, no doubt having had prior notice of the restrictions, in an all seater football stadium people can be allocated seating either individually or upto their bubble, at speedway less seating and people tend to flock together, plus a lot of tracks dont have viewing around the whole perimiter

No Riss at P&P today, nothing to worry about I hope......

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

No Riss at P&P today, nothing to worry about I hope......

• Thanks 1