British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

4 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

Dont know how much it is to watch 22 fairies run up and down a field for 90 plus minutes but i would rather see 16 men risking life and limb every time

Disgraceful comment. Spurs Son nearly lost his life with a flick on the cheek 2 weeks ago :mad::rolleyes:

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Disgraceful comment. Spurs Son nearly lost his life with a flick on the cheek 2 weeks ago :mad::rolleyes:

Let’s not forget all those poor strikers  who have not seen the light of day all season as they have been kept in Grant Hanleys pocket.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Must be 18 quid for the speedway, and 2 quid for the in between race and half time entertainment 

Perhaps if the clubs came out and said we have upped the price to give the PJL riders a contribution towards costs....nah thought not

14 hours ago, Warriors said:

It's £20 don't know whether there is a booking fee or not though.

Surely the admission price can’t be increased. A team with only one heat leader , Lambert replaced by Bridger can’t justify a increase. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, semion said:

Let’s not forget all those poor strikers  who have not seen the light of day all season as they have been kept in Grant Hanleys pocket.

Doesn't he play for the team that's sponsored by the company that sells bungee jump elastic

Hasbro have launched a new Yo Yo that only goes up now.  They are calling it the ‘Farke’.  For the less challenging user they have launched a far inferior product  called the ‘Cookie’

On 5/4/2021 at 8:33 AM, semion said:

I wonder how long it will be before the ‘use it or lose it’ cry will go out.

My prediction for that is - mid September. "If you want to see top class speedway racing at Saddlebow Rd in 2022, start turning up in your droves " will be the cry.

On the Ipswich website there adult admission is £19 available on line from the 12th May and they urge fans to buy online as capacity restrictions apply at 2000 but turnstiles will be open on the day of the meeting 

Edited by Haza

On 5/4/2021 at 1:31 PM, John Scrutton said:

Dont know how much it is to watch 22 fairies run up and down a field for 90 plus minutes but i would rather see 16 men risking life and limb every time

Next season's offering at the Carra has cost me £18 a game. You get a realistic discount for a season ticket in football, unlike speedway. For that I will see 19 games. The speedway product provides the prospect of being able to watch 5 other teams with effectively 15 minutes of entertainment in each meeting. The vast majority of races will feature a "follow the leader" pattern. The season's main aim for each team is to not finish in 5th or 6th position. If that is what floats your boat, fair enough. I think I am fairly certain where my focus will be. 

I have never understood the justification for booking fees. It is just an excuse to extract more money. It winds people up (or it does me!). If you feel you need to charge a bit more, just include it in the price for the event. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starboy118 said:

Next season's offering at the Carra has cost me £18 a game. You get a realistic discount for a season ticket in football, unlike speedway. For that I will see 19 games. The speedway product provides the prospect of being able to watch 5 other teams with effectively 15 minutes of entertainment in each meeting. The vast majority of races will feature a "follow the leader" pattern. The season's main aim for each team is to not finish in 5th or 6th position. If that is what floats your boat, fair enough. I think I am fairly certain where my focus will be. 

Stupid to compare our sport with bledy football with £Ms at their disposal!! If speedway was in the position they are we'd all expect something similar, UNFORTUNATELY it's not!!!!

On 5/6/2021 at 7:30 AM, waytogo28 said:

My prediction for that is - mid September. "If you want to see top class speedway racing at Saddlebow Rd in 2022, start turning up in your droves " will be the cry.

Did you say top class speedway:rofl:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Warriors said:

Did you say top class speedway:rofl:

That ended years ago - even from when KL went up into the EL as it was 10 years ago the standard downwards has been unbelievable 

Well, once again despite all the hype about reducing costs by cutting points limits , one by one the  "premiership" clubs are upping their admission prices. The ever ageing dwindling band of  "diehards" will surely turn up, but if the aim is to attract new supporters to the sport , they are going a funny way about it. 

six green bottles sitting on the wall, six green bottles sitting on the wall.......

How many green bottles will be sitting on the wall in 2022?

• Thanks 2