British Speedway Forum
Pieman72

Visa's and Immigration Rules

Out of interest I'm picking up on Visa problems relating to Australian and American riders who are failing to comply with 'beefed up, immigration rules. Does anyone have any information on this?

14 hours ago, cityrebel said:

IF we do get going on May 17th, there could be a few last minute teams changes!

Scott, Rory and Bomber are going to be very busy boys...:D

• Like 1

Get the impression that things might get a bit tricky regarding visa issue.Watch this space!!!!

• Like 1

I think the Brexit boys might go quiet on this one !! Watch this space !!!

Can't see the GP qualifier going ahead at Glasgow on May 29th either.. 

12 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

Have they not all been cancelled this season? Though I read it some where recently.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

Rearranged for June 19th.

• Thanks 1

It also can affect uk riders racing abroad now that Britain is out of the EU. In addition to his British passport, Adam now has a French one so no problems with traveling  / visas  Europe.

There is some talk now about closer ties with Australia now that we are out of the EU, so no more need for visas for Aussies coming here, and for Brits going there.

58 minutes ago, *JJ said:

There is some talk now about closer ties with Australia now that we are out of the EU, so no more need for visas for Aussies coming here, and for Brits going there.

I wonder if that's going to make a difference though?  Looking at how the next crop of Aussies like Jaimon Lidsey and now Frazer Bowes are choosing to base themselves in Poland or Germany so that they can more easily hop between EU countries and their teams in Germany, Poland, Denmark and Sweden, being based in the UK could actually be a hindrance to them, no matter how easy it is to get to the UK. Having an easy entrance into a dead end street doesn't get you anywhere.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, *JJ said:

We shall see.

Australia is pushing for something along those lines as part of any trade deal, but the UK doesn't want that which is why the trade talks are not going well. After all the fuss about '20 million Romanians coming to the UK', why would the same government want to allow '25 million Australians to come to the UK'? 

I have to say that I also don't see Australia agreeing to free-for-all from the UK either, even though it's largely irrelevant from a speedway perspective these days. 

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

12 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

We shall see.

Australia is pushing for something along those lines as part of any trade deal, but the UK doesn't want that which is why the trade talks are not going well. After all the fuss about '20 million Romanians coming to the UK', why would the same government want to allow '25 million Australians to come to the UK'? 

I have to say that I also don't see Australia agreeing to free-for-all from the UK either, even though it's largely irrelevant from a speedway perspective these days. 

I very much think the exodus may be the other way with Brits going to Australia, probably Australia, and New Zealand, are more British than Britain these days.

• Like 2