British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

BERWICK v ARMADALE (May 1st, 7pm) NDL

I’m going for a solid Bullets win with the only real trouble coming from Nathan Greaves! 

just looking forward to some on track action but it’s gonna be so hard just being up the road from it, hearing it and not actually being trackside  :(

Good Luck Bullets, and safe evening to both sets of riders.

Great to see competitive team speedway back, on what should be a very comfortable home win. 

Can only see a big home win, with Flint and Bickley probably untouchable.

I am fully expecting strung out races and limited passing, but I am happy to pay to see some competive British speedway action, once again :)

47 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Can only see a big home win, with Flint and Bickley probably untouchable.

I am fully expecting strung out races and limited passing, but I am happy to pay to see some competive British speedway action, once again :)

We’ll see lots of strung out races with this low points limit and how teams have set up. The new 3.00 riders will be nowhere near Flint & Bickley and probably Blair too. But there should be some interesting races between themselves. 

But at this point in time, I’m just glad that speedway is back and we’re able to watch it. 

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1

Great to see third tier speedway back in the north. Much needed chances for lads like the Millars and George Rothery and great to see George in double figures. Scottish speedway has a great tradition for producing some amazing speedway talent and it would be great to see that starting to trickle through again.

• Like 1

Good start for the Bullets. At this level it is all about track time. If extra rides in the National League lead to Flint and Bickley getting the confidence to beat their opposite numbers in the Championship then it's working. It's about giving the likes of Watson and Douglas more competitive races, to bring them on. 

But what I like is you have Flint, Watson, Douglas and Blair, all young lads who live within a few miles of the town. Young local kids will relate to them, local businesses are more likely to support local riders. 

A positive start so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tigerowl said:

Great to see third tier speedway back in the north. Much needed chances for lads like the Millars and George Rothery and great to see George in double figures. Scottish speedway has a great tradition for producing some amazing speedway talent and it would be great to see that starting to trickle through again.

The Millars are the only Scots in the Edinburgh Team.It is good for the future the Edinburgh are running in NDL though.

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

The Millars are the only Scots in the Edinburgh Team.It is good for the future the Edinburgh are running in NDL though.

You would like to think if its a long term plan then it gives a pathway into and through the sport. For years any scot wanting to even start the sport would have to travel some serious miles just to practice.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Quite enjoyable that meeting. Track seemed to slick though 

The track will always be slick for NDL .IMO. Even slicker when it’s double headers after 15 heats of Championship racing.Slick tracks are the norm nowadays.Gate and go rules.

• Like 1

Replay of meeting now available from www.berwickspeedway.com use the BanditsTV tab to access