British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Eurosport

36 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

i get Eurosport 1 & 2 as part of my BT package

When did your contract start?

I had Eurosport 1& 2 until my contract ended Jan 2021 and I had to start a new contract.

Edited by OveFundinFan

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I picked BT as my smart benefit too on EE, but I also pay an extra fiver a month for the large screen access to airplay it to my main tv. Picture quality is superb

All you should need dependent on phone is a HDMI to type C, or whichever connection your phone has for charging, cable to connect phone and TV, Change source on TV, though you may need to set up mirror image on the phone, YouTube is your friend for the video masterclass in doing this if no primary school aged children available. I bought a cable from Amazon for £8.99 and it works with both my phone [Samsung] and Chromebook

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

I had Eurosport 1& 2 until my contract ended Jan 2021 and I had to start a new contract.

I've had BT for a few years now and sometime last year, when they could add on the full Sky Sports package i took the upgrade, earlier this year i received an email saying they were now able to show Eurosport again, which i get free as part of my deal.

Maybe you should contact BT and see if they can add Eurosport to your deal and how much it will cost, mentioning all the longstanding customer etc.

So, you pay for the full sky sports package and within that you now get Eurosport.

Might give it a try, even though I don’t have Sky sport.

2 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

So, you pay for the full sky sports package and within that you now get Eurosport.

Might give it a try, even though I don’t have Sky sport.

Yes, also get Sky Atlantic etc

Not sure if things have changed, but Eurosport did not used to be part of the sports package. Was it part of the entertainment package?

15 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Not sure if things have changed, but Eurosport did not used to be part of the sports package. Was it part of the entertainment package?

You are correct it was not. However when I negotiated a new deal a few months ago it came as part of the Sports package. Was also going to drop my direct deal with BT sports (which I did). Then Sky offered me BT Sport via themselves for half price so stayed with BT via Sky. Gets me extra Football and I believe they are still doing the Speedway GP's this year. The only one I do not subscribe to is Premier Sport for Polish Speedway as they do not seem to be doing as much as they promised (plus last week they put the Polish Speedway on their Free Sport Channel). Believe they are due to start Swedish Speedway next week so we will have  to see what happens there.

Edited by slyfox

15 hours ago, slyfox said:

You are correct it was not. However when I negotiated a new deal a few months ago it came as part of the Sports package. Was also going to drop my direct deal with BT sports (which I did). Then Sky offered me BT Sport via themselves for half price so stayed with BT via Sky. Gets me extra Football and I believe they are still doing the Speedway GP's this year. The only one I do not subscribe to is Premier Sport for Polish Speedway as they do not seem to be doing as much as they promised (plus last week they put the Polish Speedway on their Free Sport Channel). Believe they are due to start Swedish Speedway next week so we will have  to see what happens there.

I think the start of the Swedish League has been deferred to June!

On 4/28/2021 at 5:54 PM, OveFundinFan said:

A few years ago, think the current one runs out at the end of this year

BT Sport is now up for sale with rumours that DAZN, Disney and Amazon looking at buying it. So all content could be moved to a new platform.

2 hours ago, Tim G said:

BT Sport is now up for sale with rumours that DAZN, Disney and Amazon looking at buying it. So all content could be moved to a new platform.

If Disney buy it we can probably look forward to them showing Ice Speedway as long as they can persuade Scott Nicholls to dress up as Princess Elsa to present it

2 hours ago, Tim G said:

That worries me a bit. BTSport is not too expensive, I also with BT for superfast fibre, obviously I would think that stays with BT, but what will the new charge be and for what service. Will all come out in the wash, when "they" ready to let us know.