British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Eurosport

You have to remember presenting and commentating are pretty hard things to do, nevermind having a clear voice and knowledge of what you're talking about.. Try and make a 90 second speech without hesitating or umming and ahhing, while someone is garbling away in your ear about this and that.

• Like 3

i see the speedway got a three hour slot on may the 17 starting at 7 clock 

15 minutes ago, ray c said:

At least 60 minutes will be adverts.

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Perhaps they haven't realised that a 1930 meeting start time actually means no earlier than 1945hrs?! ;)

• Thanks 1

Chris Louis said on the no brakes podcast that europsort will be going into more detail on matchdays. 

For example the programme will still be running 30 mins after the match as finished while the experts (whoever they may be) review the meeting in fine detail. 

Also they will be around the grounds reporting live.

All from Chris Louis mouth on the podcast 

The only problem with more detail,, is what happens when a fair few TV meetings are gate and go racing. I think poss 15 before and after should be plenty. 

• Like 1

Wonder if they will show the Premiership Junior match if there is one. 

Three hours of coverage for what is basically just 15 mins action  , plenty of sponsored advert breaks 

Its ok if your sat at home but I recall tv meetings at Lakeside, they dragged because of the advert breaks and very little going on for those who actually paid money to come and watch it live.

And then you had those dodgy weather meetings where normally the promoters and the ref would do everything to get the meeting through, TV, they give it the "we want to get the meeting through" but then they cut to commercial breaks and waste time just like always trying to pad it all out, whilst those at the track and even at home are shouting "get on with it"

maybe the first meeting will just be a launch meeting . but revert back to a two hour  after that ?

Edited by ray c

I just hope that Eurosport show ALL the races. I seem to remember in the past they have just missed heats out while showing much of the time they has showing riders messing about at the tapes and gardening. I do not even mind not  seeing the meeting live but showing the same day with all the messing about edited out but ALL the races shown in full.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, mike1944 said:

I just hope that Eurosport show ALL the races. I seem to remember in the past they have just missed heats out while showing much of the time they has showing riders messing about at the tapes and gardening. I do not even mind not  seeing the meeting live but showing the same day with all the messing about edited out but ALL the races shown in full.

i am sure they will we have only missed races when we have joined after the meeting has started 

8 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Three hours of coverage for what is basically just 15 mins action  , plenty of sponsored advert breaks 

Sounds quite a lot compared to horse racing

16 hours ago, marko said:

And then you had those dodgy weather meetings where normally the promoters and the ref would do everything to get the meeting through, TV, they give it the "we want to get the meeting through" but then they cut to commercial breaks and waste time just like always trying to pad it all out, whilst those at the track and even at home are shouting "get on with it"

That kind of shouting is never heard ( nor listened to ) and is viewed by Those Who Know Better as subversive and detrimental to the continued existence of the sport.