British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Eurosport

It was strange watching live speedway on the box tonight, usually I'm at kent on Mondays. The coverage was decent and the racing was pretty good as well.

A good effort from Eurosport  spoiled  only by the constant inane drivel from Pearson  snd Tatum,  riddled with the same sad cliches snd inept mistakes such as calling Bewley  an Aussie and, Tatum SCREAMING  down the Mike about a brilliant overtake that never happened etc etc 
Sack them and  bring in Dave Goddard 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Like 1

Watching Speedway without 'Hinge and Bracket' just wouldn't be the same... :t:

Great to have them and the Speedway back...

Excellent meeting as a starter for Eurosport, let's hope Monmore Green can deliver a similar standard of racing next week...

Very good overall presentation from Eurosport too, with quite a few various camera angles...

Took a while to get the levels of commentary right given the noise of the bikes when passing the commentary position, (never thought I would think that with Nigel and Kelvin)!!  :D

Maybe get Abi and Scott off the centre green sat in front of some sponsors boards? Like they do in Poland..

Three hours of coverage for some company wanting it? The only sponsor boards were behind Steve Brandon who was on screen much less than Abi and Scott...

Lots to be optimistic about regarding the Eurosport coverage of the sport I would say..

And with only six teams the NSS should be shown quite a few times which is never a bad thing to promote the sport..

• Like 6

8 hours ago, the hobbit said:

A good effort from Eurosport  spoiled  only by the constant inane drivel from Pearson  snd Tatum,  riddled with the same sad cliches snd inept mistakes such as calling Bewley  an Aussie.

AIN'T going to happen ... neither should it

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

An excellent standard of coverage from Eurosport I thought.

One positive thing which struck me and which I hope carries on, was the welcome absence of the pointless interviews with the riders during the course of the meeting - "Yeah, I'm taking each race as it comes and we'll see how it goes",  type of thing which I always find quite irksome. 

• Like 2

Good coverage from Eurosport last night. Better than I was expecting.

I was hoping, with the extra analysis time, that there would be more statistical talk on subjects such as averages and points limits, but these never seem to get a mention from whoever is covering the sport. They really should go more into this side of things. It's a nerd's paradise, but they always seem to shy away from it.

Good to see the regular reports from King's Lynn too. I hope this type of thing will be a regular feature.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, the hobbit said:

A good effort from Eurosport  spoiled  only by the constant inane drivel from Pearson  snd Tatum,  riddled with the same sad cliches snd inept mistakes such as calling Bewley  an Aussie and, Tatum SCREAMING  down the Mike about a brilliant overtake that never happened etc etc 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, keepturningleft said:

An excellent standard of coverage from Eurosport I thought.

One positive thing which struck me and which I hope carries on, was the welcome absence of the pointless interviews with the riders during the course of the meeting - "Yeah, I'm taking each race as it comes and we'll see how it goes",  type of thing which I always find quite irksome. 

Or...

"Do you think you could still win this"?

"I don't know, what's the score?"..:D

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Good coverage from Eurosport last night. Better than I was expecting.

I was hoping, with the extra analysis time, that there would be more statistical talk on subjects such as averages and points limits, but these never seem to get a mention from whoever is covering the sport. They really should go more into this side of things. It's a nerd's paradise, but they always seem to shy away from it.

Good to see the regular reports from King's Lynn too. I hope this type of thing will be a regular feature.

NO sure the casual TV viewer would be interested or understand points limits and averages. Keep it simple ...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO sure the casual TV viewer would be interested or understand points limits and averages. Keep it simple ...

Cricket has plenty of stats thrown at the viewer so maybe Speedway could do overall rider averages, home and away averages, their averages at individual tracks, % of race wins to races competed in etc etc.

It could add another dimension to the viewer watching.. 

And provide discussion points in the breaks between races..

Poland now show how far and how fast the riders have rode and their reaction times...

Anything that pricks interest has to be considered I would say..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

A big mistake that a lot of people in speedway make, in my opinion.

It is such a major part of the sport, and one that has had many lengthy discussions on here. Trying to keep it simple is hiding something that would appeal to many people.

Points limits and so on never even get a mention on tv.

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

AIN'T going to happen ... neither should it

quite agree best in the business . for our sport

One thing I would like to see, is they get some younger people to sit together,,, and show them when showing the crowd,,, instead of always a load of oldies with blankets and ovaltine 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1