British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Eurosport

Looking forward to watching the highlights on Quest tonight.

4 hours ago, woodenspoon said:

I too noticed the age group of most of the fans in the main stand, nothing against them as I am an oldie too.

What an opportunity considering the amount of Funeral Planning advertising there is these days, to get some sponsorship for speedway, a ready and nearly there audience.

That made me chuckle and also remember an old joke - what has got 100 legs and no teeth - the front row at a Cliff Richard concert :lol:

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

You can watch the whole 3 hours on Eurosport player.

Just tried that saying £6.99 a month

6 hours ago, auntie doris said:

I just watched it and very much enjoyed it. Belle Vue is one of those tracks where just the way it rides makes it more exciting than most others. The lines there mean even when they are strung out a bit, theres still a good chance of making up the ground in one bend and challenging for position.  Of course I was only watching highlights but considering some have said it was boring gate and go, the highlights were good 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bruno said:

Just tried that saying £6.99 a month

Whichever way you watch it you'll have to pay somewhere I guess. I watched on Eurosport player because otherwise I'd have to pay over 30 quid a month for Sky Sports as well.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Not seen a domestic british lge match live on tv since the sky days, so tuned in last night as i can view eurosport , have to say nothing i watched last night would tempt me back to attending again, found the racing mostly  boring from the gate or who was in gate one. Even Batchelor made the jump from gate one with his under powered set up

Holder was the fastest smoothest rider on view but when he missed the gate even he couldnt pass anyone, there was some passing but if Holder had gated last maybe he would of struggled to come through the field.

For a fairly newly laid track it wasnt that much different to many other bigger tracks in the UK , bit of banking but still had the issues of where the dirt was, many seem to gush over this track but didnt see the attraction myself.

It’s an outstanding race track. Even the worst meetings I’ve seen there are still half decent. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

I'm with Mr Rising on this - stats are mind numbingly dull most of the time.

Unless I missed it, they should put the riders score charts at the end

• Like 2

15 hours ago, auntie doris said:

So was I and just did, however if it is designed to be a "magazine" it failed dismally as it showed merely the highlights of the BV match that was shown live on Monday. And not a milisecond of KL V Ipswich . Why? And as for the Live overage it was exactly 30 mins of speedway racing ( including each race replayed ) 30 mins of so-so interviews and 90 mins of advertising. Will record it and watch it later in future to FF the copious ads.

30 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

So was I and just did, however if it is designed to be a "magazine" it failed dismally as it showed merely the highlights of the BV match that was shown live on Monday. And not a milisecond of KL V Ipswich . Why? And as for the Live overage it was exactly 30 mins of speedway racing ( including each race replayed ) 30 mins of so-so interviews and 90 mins of advertising. Will record it and watch it later in future to FF the copious ads.

Out of interest, how many races were you expecting?

Some fine racing from Manchester, well done Quest:t:

Edited by auntie doris

Hand picked the better races which is probably half a meeting. It was, also, their 1st meeting.

On 5/18/2021 at 5:51 PM, auntie doris said:

Yes so was I but it proved to be rather difficult. :D 

Lucy copy__1621466512_82.6.190.100.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So is doggo an Aces or Tigers fan :D  Used to be a couple from Peterborough regularly brought their dog into the stand at Hull when the Panthers were in town.  Think it enjoyed the racing while dining on crisps inbetween heats, my sometimes-speedway-fan girlfriend initially didn't beleive me so ensured she attended Hull v Peterborough meets just to see the dog :t:.  As you do.....

• Like 1

Ah...that would be the lovely Border Collie Thomas. He really enjoyed his Speedway and watched every heat enthusiastically. My two were regulars at Leicester, Coventry and Peterborough but unlike Thomas just used to go to sleep on their blanket while the match was on.   We have been right next to the track at Buxton and Lucy is not bothered but on TV it's suddenly very exciting. :D 

2 hours ago, Gemini said:

Ah...that would be the lovely Border Collie Thomas. He really enjoyed his Speedway and watched every heat enthusiastically. My two were regulars at Leicester, Coventry and Peterborough but unlike Thomas just used to go to sleep on their blanket while the match was on.   We have been right next to the track at Buxton and Lucy is not bothered but on TV it's suddenly very exciting. :D 

No wasn't Thomas, it was grey poodle-type specimen, loved its speedway (and its crisps) though.

• Like 1