British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Eurosport

On 7/2/2021 at 11:57 AM, martinmauger said:

Quick comment re shedeuling; why are Wolves shown almost every week, apparently on 12 July it's Belle Vue v those Wolves, again........

With only 6 teams there will quite a bit of repeating of seeing the same teams.

Matches involving Wolves are likely to be included because they are one of the stronger teams this season.

I think next 2 scheduled matches after today are 

Belle Vue v Wolves on July 12th

Sheffield v Peterborough on Thursday July 22nd

Edited by racers and royals

Whatever the speedway ill watch,but does anyone think tonights line ups could be a championship match,with promotors paying premier league wages.Crazy .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, speedwaysliders said:

Whatever the speedway ill watch,but does anyone think tonights line ups could be a championship match,with promotors paying premier league wages.Crazy .

There are only a handful of riders in the Top flight that don’t ride in the CL.

On 7/4/2021 at 4:30 PM, stevebrum said:

With only 6 teams there will quite a bit of repeating of seeing the same teams.

Matches involving Wolves are likely to be included because they are one of the stronger teams this season.

Exactly , and Belle Vue v Wolves is an ideal TV match…I’ll be there but if I wasn’t I would look forward to that one on TV

• Like 1

another poor production from eurosport i felt, im just not getting it this year 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Without doubt its easily the worst coverage of  British Speedway we've ever had. You'd like to think each new Channel would be an improvement on what went before. Sky and then BT Sport perfectly adequate . Eurosport though its abysmal . Nothing good about it . Pretty obvious the Production team have never attended a Speedway meeting before. How many cameras do they have at a meeting ? Would help if they were looking at the right place at the right time. Graphics laughable  ! Kelvin Tatum Pundit ! What's that all about. 

for me, there are to many cameras, this is a sport where 1 camera can see all the action,  that whats unique about our sport. all thats needed is 3 cameras at most, they spend to much time changing cameras means were missing action on the track, 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Not getting it talk to me!  I know the feeling Phillip, as I said to my 5th wife Bella just last night, I'm just not getting it.  She quickly headed for the wardrobe, where I was expecting her to don that little short number I bought her off lovehoney.com last Christmas but instead when she opened the door, there were Main Man Rogers and Jimmy Lynch hiding, no wonder I haven't been getting it, those two old fools have been servicing her, whilst me and Christopher Mills have been grafting away at T Tibbs Motors Europe Limited HQ in Chingford!   

Thank you, goodnight, much love!  

• Haha 1

To be honest I've really enjoyed the Eurosport coverage this year. Speedway will never be exactly "TV friendly" with all the delays and a rulebook no one understands but it;s been great entertainment, Having a correspondent at the other meetings to give updates has also been a positive for me.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 1:39 PM, racers and royals said:

I think next 2 scheduled matches after today are 

Belle Vue v Wolves on July 12th

Sheffield v Peterborough on Thursday July 22nd

Olympics taking centre stage after the 22nd-  next meeting British final at Belle  Vue on Monday August 16th

22 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Thought it was odd that they were showing a Thursday match...

It`s because Sheffield cannot ride at home on Monday`s- hence them being on on a Thursday.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

It`s because Sheffield cannot ride at home on Monday`s- hence them being on on a Thursday.

Sheffield did have a match scheduled for a Monday at one point. 

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Sheffield can use their stadium on a monday and have done so many times in the past, although crowds for a monday are never the same as a Thursday.

So if the match was to be run on a monday in front of cameras the crowd would be exceptionally poor, hence running on a normal night, with what will still be a reduced crowd as is always the case in front of the cameras.