British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Eurosport

On the other notes,  i too think the coverage by Europsort this year has been excellent.

Only slight downside is Brando's injury thus preventing him conducting the Interviews, not that Dave Rowe is bad, just a second string in comparison. Also think i the absence of Scott Nicholls, due to constantly riding, there should be a co presenter with Abi. Rosco and Steady and have fulfilled this function before, sure they could adequately fill in whenever Scott is unavailable. 

10 minutes ago, Heathcote said:

Sheffield can use their stadium on a monday and have done so many times in the past, although crowds for a monday are never the same as a Thursday.

So if the match was to be run on a monday in front of cameras the crowd would be exceptionally poor, hence running on a normal night, with what will still be a reduced crowd as is always the case in front of the cameras. 

With BAGS Greyhound racing every Monday, the stadium owners have not made Monday`s available to Speedway any longer.

If this wasn`t the case then they would host the TV match on a Monday and if not then Ipswich would say we want to run on our racenight !!!!

Edited by racers and royals

9 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

With BAGS Greyhound racing every Monday, the stadium owners have not made Monday`s available to Speedway any longer.

If this wasn`t the case then they would host the TV match on a Monday and if not then Ipswich would say we want to run on our racenight !!!!

The dogs have always raced both Monday and Thursday afternoons, so not sure why that should have changed anything for this year, for many years the Prowlers ran solely on Monday nights. I would suggest its more to do with (rents being charged/not willing to pay) hence the bars not previously being open for the speedway yet full restaurant services have been running for the dogs since they resumed.

Maybe the crowds at Ipswich are not so fickle and will turn up to watch no matter what evening they run, Sheffield are only in the top league due to the fact no one went when the speedway wasnt running on a Thursday evening

14 minutes ago, Heathcote said:

The dogs have always raced both Monday and Thursday afternoons, so not sure why that should have changed anything for this year, for many years the Prowlers ran solely on Monday nights. I would suggest its more to do with (rents being charged/not willing to pay) hence the bars not previously being open for the speedway yet full restaurant services have been running for the dogs since they resumed.

Maybe the crowds at Ipswich are not so fickle and will turn up to watch no matter what evening they run, Sheffield are only in the top league due to the fact no one went when the speedway wasnt running on a Thursday evening

To clarify my post- Sheffield cannot use Owlerton on Monday`s AT PRESENT.

You can kiss goodbye to watching any live GP coverage in 2024 on Eurosport... better be prepared to buy the Eurosport Player if you want to see them

3 hours ago, iainb said:

You can kiss goodbye to watching any live GP coverage in 2024 on Eurosport... better be prepared to buy the Eurosport Player if you want to see them

Why what's happening in 2024?

13 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Why what's happening in 2024?

Paris Olympics, I forgot to put that sorry, hopefully as they're running the gp's then they'll Arrange them around it

Edited by iainb

Didn't think it been confirmed if Eurosport have the GP contract yet for UK.

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

Didn't think it been confirmed if Eurosport have the GP contract yet for UK.

Correct. "Eurosport Events", an events management company which is part of the Eurosport group, have the rights to run the SGP series from next year.

That doesn't necessarily mean that Eurosport will actually be showing the series in the UK. They may sell the broadcast rights to another company if they get a good offer.

6 hours ago, HenryW said:

They may sell the broadcast rights to another company if they get a good offer.

That would be a surprise move, do they do that with anything else do you know? I don't even know if Eurosport Events do anything else, or is Speedway their first venture?

The last I heard was that Eurosport events had invited tenders for UK coverage but with BT sport up for sale they are reluctant to bid on any rights at the minute until they know who are their new owners and which direction they want to go in. 

Some possibly bad news for Speedway fans is that new online broadcaster DAZN (Just taken Boxing away from Sky sports ) has indicated that Speedway may be a sport that fits their profile but that would be another payment required and is an online only channel.

Eurosport events are in a good position really as if they cannot get the figures they want for UK coverage then it can go on their own Eurosport UK channel but I would expect some to just be on Eurosport player especially when Tennis is on and European & Olympic athletics as well 

8 hours ago, iainb said:

That would be a surprise move, do they do that with anything else do you know? I don't even know if Eurosport Events do anything else, or is Speedway their first venture?

Eurosport events have been around a while, they do touring cars etc. In Poland they haven't given Tv rights to Eurosport Poland they have done new deal with nSport.

Eurosport - EUROSPORT EVENTS

• Thanks 1