British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Eurosport

Anybody know anything about when/how Eurosport are going to launch the fact they are showing British speedway ? Any fixtures to be announced etc.  ? Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Anybody know anything about when/how Eurosport are going to launch the fact they are showing British speedway ? Any fixtures to be announced etc.  ? Thanks 

17/05/21 Belle Vue  v Sheffield  announced on Eurosport last night

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

17/05/21 Belle Vue  v Sheffield  announced on Eurosport last night

Good start.....

I with BT sport so I get Speedway GP and Moto Gp, but they don’t do Eurosport this year.  Any way of getting Euro sport without paying an arm and leg.

3 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

Interesting there’s literally nothing on Eurosport website. 

Announced during a break between frames during the snooker last night with a shot of  speedway on screen.

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I with BT sport so I get Speedway GP and Moto Gp, but they don’t do Eurosport this year.  Any way of getting Euro sport without paying an arm and leg.

You can get Eurosport on BT but need to get it as part of a package that includes Sky Sports and costs over £30.

I think the best way if you don't want Sky Sports to get Eurosport player, which you can watch online, which is either 6.99 per month of 39.99 for a whole year, which works out at about 3.33 per month. But it depends how much you are going to watch.

If you just want it for Speedway then it's May to September, so 5 months at 6.99 a month, then cancel, which comes to 34.95 (so not much different to an annual subscription).

The bad thing is, you can't record it, although I think you can watch stuff on replay. The good thing is, if you go monthly you can cancel at anytime if the coverage is not good.

Watch Eurosport Live on Eurosport Player - Eurosport

Edited by Grachan

Thanks Grachan,  Thing is, I pay for BT Sport, but I only watch SpeedwayGP and MotoGP,1and2. Not interested in football, Rugby, boxing, cycling etc. So BT get enough out of my pension and can’t justify anymore. 2 year contract started this January, they wouldn’t do less then 2 year.

I just hope by next year BT and Eurosport are friendly again and I will get SpeedwayGP on BT. Otherwise it is MotoGP only. 

3 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Thanks Grachan,  Thing is, I pay for BT Sport, but I only watch SpeedwayGP and MotoGP,1and2. Not interested in football, Rugby, boxing, cycling etc. So BT get enough out of my pension and can’t justify anymore. 2 year contract started this January, they wouldn’t do less then 2 year.

I just hope by next year BT and Eurosport are friendly again and I will get SpeedwayGP on BT. Otherwise it is MotoGP only. 

I know. It's frustrating isn't it. I get BT sport and also watch the MotoGP and will watch the GP this year when it comes on. I do watch football, rugby and boxing, but it's only a passing interest and not one that would justify getting Bt Sport just for that, so the same would apply to Sky Sports so I've no interest in adding that just to get the Eurosport.

I'm not sure yet if I'll get Eurosport player this year. Swindon aren't riding and Eurosport coverage tends to not be great (although that is based on watching it a few years ago so it might have improved).

If I get it, I'll probably get a monthly subscription to the player and see how I get on, although I used to record it and skip quite a lot which won't be an option with that.

If Eurosport have the GP next year then maybe I'm more likely to get it (although if it does what it's looking like it might do and becomes a Zmarzlik one-man show I might not bother!) On BT Sport I'd watch it always, but for me, personally, moving it to Eurosport is not a good thing.

• Like 1

Eurosport have the contract for both British speedway plus GPs from next year 2022.

When the contract was initially announced there was talk of Discovery/Eurosport setting up a 'Speedway Channel' in the longer term, so I guess their presentation will be very professional.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

I paid for the year for the Eurosport player so very much looking forward to seeing what they serve up in a couple of weeks. 

Would just be so good just to see some live League Speedway again. Will make Mondays that bit more bearable!

17 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Eurosport have the contract for both British speedway plus GPs from next year 2022.

When the contract was initially announced there was talk of Discovery/Eurosport setting up a 'Speedway Channel' in the longer term, so I guess their presentation will be very professional.

They have not yet got the GP contract for 2022 yet- Eurosport events are the promoters but in my opinion they  will see what money is about in Europe for the GP/SON contract. For instance i cannot see Eurosport Poland having the contract- i could be wrong, we will see.

Edited by racers and royals

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Not a "speedway channel" but a "motorsports channel" !

I watch BT sports on my phone, with EE, you yet a smart benefit with phone contracts, it's "free" but obviously pay a bit extra a month. I think it equates to around £5 a month. With the quality of phones these days, can't fault it.

Means I'm then just spending a small fortune on Sky Sports package.

3 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

I watch BT sports on my phone, with EE, you yet a smart benefit with phone contracts, it's "free" but obviously pay a bit extra a month. I think it equates to around £5 a month. With the quality of phones these days, can't fault it.

Means I'm then just spending a small fortune on Sky Sports package.

I picked BT as my smart benefit too on EE, but I also pay an extra fiver a month for the large screen access to airplay it to my main tv. Picture quality is superb

• Like 1