British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Eurosport

another tv company just playing with  our sport plenty of meetings between now and june 7 to cover

Edited by ray c

15 minutes ago, ray c said:

another tv company just playing with  our sport plenty of meetings between now and june 7 to cover

They pay the money,so they will have the choice.Surely that's the way it works.

What I cannot get is that when TV show meetings, they place quite an emphasis on those watching at home and those attending live come second to the production.

But how are those tv audiences supposed to get hooked if they only see one meeting every few weeks? they see one match and the league table and then when the next match comes around, all of a sudden all the teams have played several more times and there has been no reference to it.

A little unfair to criticise Eurosport for their scheduling. There would have been a meeting this week if the weather hadn't intervened, they can't be blamed for that. Next week is the start of the French Open which will take up both of their channels which is fair enough. After that there is currently 6 meetings in 7 weeks scheduled;

• June 7th: Peterborough - King's Lynn
  • June 14th: Sheffield - King's Lynn
  • June 28th: Ipswich - Wolves
  • July 5th: King's Lynn - Ipswich
  • July 12th: Belle Vue - Wolves
  • July 19th Wolves - Ipswich
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

A little unfair to criticise Eurosport for their scheduling. There would have been a meeting this week if the weather hadn't intervened, they can't be blamed for that. Next week is the start of the French Open which will take up both of their channels which is fair enough. After that there is currently 6 meetings in 7 weeks scheduled;

The French championships will still be playing on the 7th of June yet they can put Speedway on then

20 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

June 14th Sheffield v Kings Lynn is no longer on the fixture, on Sheffield's website, so that will not be shown.

33 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

The French championships will still be playing on the 7th of June yet they can put Speedway on then

Not a huge tennis fan so not exactly sure but I guess that's because this Monday is the first day so has more matches? The 31st has live coverage ending on Eurosport 2 at 6pm before a 2 hour highlights programme but that will cover any delays. 

26 minutes ago, ShyTalk said:

June 14th Sheffield v Kings Lynn is no longer on the fixture, on Sheffield's website, so that will not be shown.

Fair enough, was just going by this - https://www.fanseat.com/speedway/premiership-speedway

• Like 1

Eurosport Player currently half price, £19.99 for 12 months and 3 days.

Offer until 06.06.21. 3 day free trial, then automatically converts to a paid annual subscription unless cancelled. Upfront payment of £19.99 (inc VAT) for the first year after the free trial, then auto-renews at the then standard annual price unless cancelled. Minimum term of 12 months applies in the first year from the date of payment and in each renewal year. Access to all Eurosport Player content. Not available to existing subscribers.

https://auth.eurosport.co.uk/product

Edited by Noodles

I,m sure Eurosport could of put a match on tonight, ITV4 had the French Open on for 10 hours yesterday and 12 hours every day till at least the 7th June .   

On Monday 7th June the TV scheduling is for Peterborough v Kings Lynn, but in Speedway Star it's showing Wolves v Sheffield as the Euro sport meeting!

Could this be like the opening night where they had the main coverage from one meeting and updates from the other, or have SS got it wrong? I know which meeting I'd rather watch!

13 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

On Monday 7th June the TV scheduling is for Peterborough v Kings Lynn, but in Speedway Star it's showing Wolves v Sheffield as the Euro sport meeting!

Could this be like the opening night where they had the main coverage from one meeting and updates from the other, or have SS got it wrong? I know which meeting I'd rather watch!

Wolves v Sheffield is live match- reports from Peterborough

55 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Wolves v Sheffield is live match- reports from Peterborough

Disappointed was happy to watch my team on the TV.But i am not shelling out £20+ to go and watch my team get mullered away from home,its bad enough watching them at home.When they sign,if they sign a better rider to replace our 4pt rider I will travel but not until then.