British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Eurosport

41 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

One thing I would like to see, is they get some younger people to sit together,,, and show them when showing the crowd,,, instead of always a load of oldies with blankets and ovaltine 

It does look a bit like a SAGA or Darby and Joan outing when they pan around the crowd doesnt it?

And lets be honest, no self respecting late teenager/twenty something would be seen dead going somewhere where not even your dad, but your grandad, attends, so looking at so many "crustys" as my lad describes anyone my age and over (53), wont mean too many under 40 I would say would look on thinking "I might go there"..

And the sub 30 somethings definitely wont be racing to attend..

Let's hope post Covid the clubs on TV plan in a few organised trips for local schools, kids sports leagues, scouts, guides etc etc etc.. 

If it looks worth visiting it might inspire more of the same peer group to mither their parents to attend..

It is really noticable when you see the demographic of the crowd in Poland, that Speedway over there must be seen as "much cooler" than it is seen as over here..

It's exactly the same sport, therefore, UK Speedway needs to find a way to make it "much cooler" over here..

• Like 1

I thought the coverage last night was great!  The Pearson and Tatum combination works well for me, good banter and so what if there is the odd mistake!   Scott Nicholls is so at ease and professional at his job, whilst Abi is no Natalie Quirk give her a bit of time to settle into the role.    Good to see the housewives favourite David Rowe updating from Kings Lynn as well.   Overall, a very encouraging start to Eurosport's coverage - I hope they got decent viewing figures.   

• Like 5

Not seen a domestic british lge match live on tv since the sky days, so tuned in last night as i can view eurosport , have to say nothing i watched last night would tempt me back to attending again, found the racing mostly  boring from the gate or who was in gate one. Even Batchelor made the jump from gate one with his under powered set up

Holder was the fastest smoothest rider on view but when he missed the gate even he couldnt pass anyone, there was some passing but if Holder had gated last maybe he would of struggled to come through the field.

For a fairly newly laid track it wasnt that much different to many other bigger tracks in the UK , bit of banking but still had the issues of where the dirt was, many seem to gush over this track but didnt see the attraction myself.

• Confused 4

I too noticed the age group of most of the fans in the main stand, nothing against them as I am an oldie too.

What an opportunity considering the amount of Funeral Planning advertising there is these days, to get some sponsorship for speedway, a ready and nearly there audience.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, woodenspoon said:

I too noticed the age group of most of the fans in the main stand, nothing against them as I am an oldie too.

What an opportunity considering the amount of Funeral Planning advertising there is these days, to get some sponsorship for speedway, a ready and nearly there audience.

And Steradent..;)

34 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

found the racing mostly  boring from the gate or who was in gate one. Even Batchelor made the jump from gate one with his under powered set up

He didn't win though, which kind of messes up your theory a bit.

• Like 1

Which one is live next Monday? 

Peterborough or Wolves?

Full schedule appreciated (if announced).

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

One thing I would like to see, is they get some younger people to sit together,,, and show them when showing the crowd,,, instead of always a load of oldies with blankets and ovaltine 

LOTS of kids shown at BV last night. Encouraging. As was the photo of Bewley with a young fan about half his age!

3 hours ago, ray c said:

quite agree best in the business . for our sport

Pearson/Tatum

Maybe so,but they have to watch they dont get tooooooooooooooo complacent,and go off on one that knowone else really cares about.But things like the change of tyres Kelvin mentioned or any snippets of info that the fans dont know about  would be welcome.

Edited by speedwaysliders

22 minutes ago, krompa said:

Which one is live next Monday? 

Peterborough or Wolves?

Full schedule appreciated (if announced).

Wolves v Belle Vue next Monday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Not seen a domestic british lge match live on tv since the sky days, so tuned in last night as i can view eurosport , have to say nothing i watched last night would tempt me back to attending again, found the racing mostly  boring from the gate or who was in gate one. Even Batchelor made the jump from gate one with his under powered set up

Holder was the fastest smoothest rider on view but when he missed the gate even he couldnt pass anyone, there was some passing but if Holder had gated last maybe he would of struggled to come through the field.

For a fairly newly laid track it wasnt that much different to many other bigger tracks in the UK , bit of banking but still had the issues of where the dirt was, many seem to gush over this track but didnt see the attraction myself.

Watches one match and is now an expert on the Belle Vue track. It’s nothing like any other UK track , which, if you had bothered to watch any other matches from there, you would have known .

But at least now you won’t bother watching any more matches so you won’t be giving us another deep insight into track layouts.

• Like 5

For those not wishing to sit through three hours on a Monday night, you could watch Eurosport's one-hour highlight package. However, and they have not learned in 30 years, Eurosport has a tendency to cut out large chunks of the heats. This time they went from Heat 1 right to Heat 7. So don't rely on the highlights, it'll drive you barmy. The highlights were 55 minutes in all with numerous ad breaks. My advice is to tape the live version and whizz through the wasted space.   

Edited by moxey63

8 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

For those not wishing to sit through three hours on a Monday night, you could watch Eurosport's one-hour highlight package. However, and they have not learned in 30 years, Eurosport has a tendency to cut out large chunks of the heats. This time they went from Heat 1 right to Heat 7. So don't rely on the highlights, it'll drive you barmy. The highlights were 55 minutes in all with numerous ad breaks. My advice is to tape the live version and whizz through the wasted space.   

You can watch the whole 3 hours on Eurosport player.

Maybe a good idea to get some variety with the commentators.  Those two can become a little boring even after not being on TV for 18 months.    

Mix it up on there.  Do people really want to see the same faces coming out with the same tires cliches meeting on meeting ?